I looked down at me sneakers, trying to bring some feeling back into my toes, but nothing happened. But as I started to look up, I saw a small white thing on the ground next to my foot.

I picked it up, and realized it was a paper. I unfolded it curiously, but then stopped myself. This is most likely Mary's... I shouldn't... But the impulse that had led me to her apartment in the first place made me open the paper.

Daniel
813-764-8900

Why would she have some guys cell phone number? Unless she was...

I ran to the stairs, ran down them, and just as I reached the bottom, I saw Mary's car driving out the building. Where was she going? I got into my car quickly, and zoomed out. I searched for her car on the highway, and once I spotted it, I didn't take my eyes off of it.

She soon branched off the highway, down a road I had never seen before, so when tailing her, I had to be couple hundred meters behind her.

She soon stopped in front of a house, and got out of her small car. She slammed the red door, and walked up to the house. I quickly got out and hid in the bushes as she waited for somebody to answer the door.

The tears she had falling down her face almost made me turn around and give her her privacy. But I had to know if she was cheating on me too.

When the door opened, finally, a guy with bronzish hair stepped out, and she fell into his arms. I grit my teeth, waiting for the information that she had really cheated on me.

It never came. She just entered his house, and I was left staring at that empty porch.
**************************************
I got into my car, feeling hollow from the inside. I didn't know what to do. As much as I knew Mary wouldn't do something like this, I wanted to believe it. To hold both of us responsible, not just me.

I stomped on the gas pedal once the bright red signal changed to green, I stomped on the gas pedal angrily.

My vision started to blur and slant, and soon I could barely see the road. I couldn't take my foot off the gas pedal, no matter how hard I tried, and soon I slid into the side of the road.

Why had I done this? Why couldn't I just have been happy with what I had? Now I had lost everything.

Not everything, my mind peeped up. You still have Janie...

And I knew I shouldn't have started the car and turned around to go meet Janie, but I needed her.
**************************************
I parked the car in a slot and walked into the lobby of the hotel.

There was plush carpet, and velvet lined sofas thrown all over the floor. The walls reached up high, and opened up into a skylight. I walked to the arrow pointing downwards, with the word POOL etched on it.

The air was humid, until I finally reached two doors. As I pushed them open, I felt the blazing sun shine on me. All the walls were glass, giving the room an airy feel, but it wasn't cold or wintry inside.

I glanced around the room, until I spotted Janie, sun tanning on a blue beach chair in the corner of the room.

She glanced at me, and got up, flitting her long tanned legs off the chair. She wrapped her in a sheer blouse, and made her way towards me.

Once she reached me, she grabbed my hand and placed it in hers. She led me up to her room, and soon we were a fiery hot mess on the bed.
**************************************
She placed her cool hands on my chest and breathed into my ear seductively.

"What's wrong?" she whispered, her hot breath tickling my ear. She changed her attention from my ears, and brushed her lips against mine as she spoke slowly. "You don't have to keep your secret with me."

"It's Mary," I breathed, her lips still just out of reach.

"What happened?" she asked, her hands starting to rise, tickling my bare skin.

"She found out..." I gasped out, as her hands reached my neck and her lips finally touched mine.

"I can make you forget her..." Janie said, in between our ferocious kisses.

"I think I already have..." I said slowly, as her lips started to reach for other things.
**************************************
After night had fallen, I finally got into my car. I felt slightly better, but more broken at the same time. Janie was right though. I had forgotten about Mary... I had gotten a temporary reprieve.

I drove slowly, not wanting to go back to my apartment and be in the same building as Mary.

I couldn't make the drive last forever, and soon, I was unlocking the door to my small place.

"WHAT THE F**K, BRO?" Deven boomed as soon as I stepped into my place.

"What happened..." I asked him trailing off.

"YOU CHEATED ON MARY WITH TWO OTHER GIRLS? SHE'S MY FRIEND TOO," he yelled at me. At first, I just wanted to get past him, and I was extremely tired. But then I got white hot anger rising up my throat, and I couldn't keep quiet.

"WELL SHE'S CHEATING ON ME WITH SOME DUDE CALLED DAVID!" I yelled out. He gave out a fake laugh.

"Daniel's a friend, who's been there for her since she was 5. You've got no excuse," he said, walking past me, and heading out of the door.

Once he was out, I tumbled onto my bed and stayed there. I couldn't move, there was a lump in my throat, and I was close to tears.

After all, Janie could only provide a temporary relief.

There was only one person who could give me what I wanted, and she probably hated me. She had a good reason to.