IX. Guilty

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

She felt guilty.

She did it three times, without hesitation. She had to do it, right? If she wouldn't have killed them she would have been brought back. She had no other choice.

Rhaegar knew she was killing herself with guilt. She did something that would have affected the strongest men. She was pure. He was sure she felt guilty every time they were hunting, he found himself staring at her, how she didn't blink when focused on something or when they went to the prey she would close her eyes at the sight, almost as it pained her seeing that animal there, lifeless, only waiting to be eaten.

He didn't know how horrible she felt. 

She seated in front of him while riding the horse.

She was asleep and he cherished that moment.

She was on his lap, arms around his waist and his around hers, with her chin on his shoulder. When sometimes he would check on her, he would still see her eyes red from crying or the dried tears on her cheeks. 

"She's sleeping still?" asked Arthur in a whisper trying to keep her from waking up.

Everybody heard and saw how that affected her, she cried herself to sleep, she wouldn't stop, no matter how many times they would try to soothe her. 

"Yes." answered Rhaegar.

The journey continued, the days passed and the only thing that would calm her was Rhaegar, at a certain point they understood that his presence made her feel safe, pretected.

The group was near King's landing and they had to be cautious, everybody was searching for them, for her. The two kinguards went trying to find something to eat, that left them all alone.

"You'll have to talk sometime in the future."  he didn't want to force her in anything but he wanted something, he wanted to know how she felt from her, he didn't want to guess, he wanted to know.

"Thank you"

"For what?" he was confused.

"Helping me, trying to make me feel safe..." she stood up from where she was seated and started walking towards him near a river, where he was filling the bottles. "You made me feel safe. Even if you think you didn't, even without doing anything, you protected me." She took his hands in hers. "Hugged me when I couldn't breath for crying." He tightened the hold, trying to give her comfort knowing as she wasn't good with words. " I think I am ... I am falling ... falling ... I think I am falling for you."

She is falling in love with me.

She is in love with me.

She.

Is.

In.

Love.

With.

Me.

With me.

He didn't know how to respond to that statement. He didn't think just saying back would do fine. So he kissed her. He took her face with both his hands and kissed her. 

At the beginning she didn't understand what was going on, she was never kissed before, but then understood that was his answer to her statement. He was saying it back at his own way.

He loved her back.

He loves me back.

He broke from the kiss and rested his forehead against hers.

"Marry me."

"What?"

"Marry me!" 

"But you already have a wife and a child, Gods..." he already has a wife, Gods he already has a life, a kid in Kind's landing. How could have I been this foolish?

"Don't overthink." he brought her face near his again. "They are not my family. Rhaenys is not mine. She is not my child." A tear went down his cheek. "But we, together, could create one, a family you, I and some kids." He laughed. "This is what I would like to think for my future, for ours." He caressed his thumb on he cheek, showing his affection. "So marry me, please. Be my wife, be my future."

Please. 

Be my wife.

Be my future.

i know it's a short chapter but lately i didn't have much time to write, i hope the length doesn't stop you from going on. and... we've reached 3.07k. thank you so much guys. 

18/10/2021