V. The Knight of the Laughing Tree

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

"The Knight of the Laughing Tree is a girl?"

Everything she planned seemed to go even too well. She knew it was a stupid thing to do but she had to do it for him. He got humilieted under her nose, under their nose, he was her responsability being a Stark bannerman, she had to do something.

So she did the first and stupidest thing that came in her mind.

Her sister implored her not to do such a thing but nobody could change her mind anymore so Ly did the only thing the she could have done. Help Elisabeth.

She juggled in the turney she couldn't join. She couldn't have done that because she was a girl. Somebody would have told her it was because she could have hurt herself but she knew the real reason.

Rhaegar when saw who the girl was wasn't that surpriced. He observed her during the week, he couldn't take his eyes off her but she didn't notice which he was grateful for. He knew her behavior. She wasn't a lady, nobody could order her around... and he loved it.

She turned around slowly trying to find an excuse, but what she saw wasn't a confused face or and angry one. She found a warm smile. The same smile he gave her the first time she saw him.

But she didn't know whetever it was good or not.

"Prince Rhaegar?" she bowed, trying not to look in his eyes. He hadthe power to end her life. King Aeris got interested in who The Knight of the Laughing Tree was since 'he' didn't go to claim the prize for the winning. He wanted 'him' because not showing his face was treason.

"No need for formalities Lady Elisabeth." he was still smiling he didn't like the fact she didn't meet his eyes. He didn't want her to be afraid of him. "There's no need to be afraid. I am not gonna tell anyone about my... discovery."

But she still look wary.

"What discovery?" she tried to play it, maybe she could get away trying to look innocent or dumb. It could work.

"I am not stupid." he sounded harsh, he didn't want to sound like that, but she had to understad that he could not be played. He didn't like it.

"I am sorry, I thought..." she didn't know what to say. "I know the King is seending men to find and I know you are one of them and you are his son. I thought you were playing me." she was scared but she didn't show it, she couldn't. She said the truth with her head held high. She had show him no fear even if he already knew the truth.

His face softened. "I am sorry, but that is not what I am doing. I know what my father might do to you and I don't want it to happen. "

"Why? I am nothing to you."

"You are something to someone. They may or may not be me."

05/09/2021