~𝖘𝖎𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖓~

Start from the beginning

"Hello?" He picked up immediately.
"Hey umm, it's Hazel."
"Hey...are you...okay?"
"Yeah, just..." I sighed. "Listen um...do you mind coming to Magnus's?"
"Uh...why?"
"I might need you..." I fiddled around with my ring.
"Listen...umm." He started as I had a gut feeling he was about to say no. "My father just came...so I don't..."
"Yeah...yeah...totally I get it umm..."
"Yeah...and uhhh you guys need to hurry." He said.
"Why?" I asked.
"The whole shadow world is looking for Clary and Valentine is looking for both of you."
"I know how to handle myself." I chuckled.
"I'm serious..." He said. "We can't risk that. We can't risk loosing both of you...and my parents are really getting annoyed about you two."
"I-I can't leave Magnus yet..." I said. "He needs me."
"Okay...just...try to hurry."
"Yeah..." I replied and hung up and sighed.
I took out something comfortable from my wardrobe. I took out a green shirt with black denim jeans. They were pretty comfortable for me.

I wore it and freshened up a bit and went outside to see Magnus standing with Clary

"What's all this for?" Clary asked.
"The base for the potion." I answered for Magnus, making my way up to them, as Magnus poured down a liquid into another and it started to give a glow.
"Stir." Magnus said to Clary. "We need to have it ready, before your boy toys get back." He said and turned to me. "Speaking of...is Alec coming?" He asked with hope in his eyes.
"No." I replied bluntly. "He's busy."
"Nonsense, what could be more important than my little bird?" He said placing a hand on my shoulder. "Especially for him." He smirked.
"Family?" I replied. "Besides he wanted me and Clary back to Institute but I said no...not now...as you needed me." I replied.
"You consider me your family?" He smiled.
"Seriously, Mags?" I asked. "Your asking me that? Mags you raised me. Your the closest thing I have to a father." I smiled. "And I love you."
"I love you too, little bird." He smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead.
"Right..." Clary said from behind. "I have a question. What if they don't get back in time?"
"You can't think like that, biscuit." Magnus replied.
"That's all I can think about."
"Well, try NOT to think about it." I suggested and smiled.
"Magnus, I don't know if I can do this anymore." Clary sighed. "Okay, I'm an art student. All adventures are supposed to be two-dimensional."
"Who says?" Magnus asked.
"Me. Look it's only one thing to draw monsters and demons, but it is completely different to see them up close and personal." She moved away from the potion to Magnus. I ran to the potion and started stirring. Magnus came up and put some leaves in the potion. "I don't know what I'm doing."
"Don't sell yourself short." Magnus said taking the stirring spoon from me as he started to stir. "I've seen you in action, Clary Fairchild."
"Jocelyn! No, don't...don't..." Luke started muttering. "Wait...don't touch her."
"Luke, I'm here. I'm right here." Clary ran to him and held his hand.
"Let me take your pain away." Magnus said and held his hand.
"No. No." Luke gasped.
"Agitation only makes the venom work faster."
"I need to tell Clary."
"Save your strength." Clary said.
"No. You need to know. No, please."
"Magnus please, do it." I said.
""You need to tell her, all of it." Luke groaned out in pain. "Promise me." He said. Magnus did not wait any longer and started taking his pain and examining his body. "The poison is spreading. Your suitors need to hurry."
"Wait...wait. Tell me what?" Clary asked after Luke got in a subtle position. "What's so important that Luke risked his life?" I sat on the chair beside the sofa Luke was lying on.
"Everything Jocelyn hoped to hide from you." Magnus began. He snapped his fingers to reveal a sketchbook with a pen.
"Why?"
"When you were younger, I'd watch you sketching." He said stirring the potion. "It was your bliss. Your gonna need some bliss right now."
"Back then, there wasn't a day I didn't draw." She said. "It was like breathing. Now I look at this blank page and I barely even know what to do." She placed a hand on the sketch book. "Sometimes I feel like my art, my memories, my life it all vanished with that Memory Demon."
"Your art, everything you are...they're all still here." Magnus said. "You're the woman your mother always knew you could be."
"But tried to keep me from being."
"That's why you need to know how you got here."
"Will it help me find my mother?"
"That's the only reason I can think of why Luke would be so adamant."
"I'm ready." She said. "Bring it, warlock."
Magnus talked about how Valentine elevated the Morgenstern name. How he was her father. How Valentine attacked on the warlocks. How he was a threat to peace. Valentine hated the downworlders enough to kill us all. How her mother was by his side.
"Ever since my mother was kidnapped and the Shadow World invaded my life, so many downworlders have helped me, not even thinking about what it might cost them. How could Valentine not see good in any of them?"
"He was blinded..." Magnus said.
"By his ambition." I finished it for him.
"Why didn't the Clave stop him?"
"He was clever." Magnus sighed. "He and his followers, they managed to convince the Clave that the downworlders they killed on their special missions had violated the Accords in some way. Complete fabrication."
"How could the Clave not see this?"
"Shadowhunters believe in law as the absolute. They could never conceive of one of their own going astray."
"My father didn't go astray, Magnus." Clary laughed. "He went insane."
"What happened back then is happening again." He said. "The Clave refuses to believe that Valentine's a threat."
Magnus went on about how Valentine wanted to murder the downworlders. How he wanted to create an army to himself and he needed the mortal cup for that. How he took the Mortal Cup from its safe keeping. How Jocelyn and Luke tried to prevent the Uprising. How the Circle could have won, without them. I listened every word of it. How everything Jocelyn did, she did it to protect the people that she swore to protect. How Jocelyn gave up being a shadowhunter for her. And at that moment, Luke started to grunt.
"Luke?" Clary ran to his side.
"The magic's wearing off."
"It was our fault! It was our fault!" Luke yelled and groaned loudly in pain.
"Okay, why do I have a feeling that those two killed themselves." I said as I took the bandaid off to see the condition. "It's getting worse." I added as Magnus started to lessen his pain using his magic.
It has been quite a while. Magnus was still using his magic while I was getting worried...just by looking at how tired he got. He needed to do it as Luke was still in immense pain. Soon enough, the grounds started to shake.
"I'm running out of magic." He said.
"What do you want us to do?"
"I can't leave him, but the potion stock still needs Komodo scale." He said. "Find it, add the rest when they get here. Then feed it to Luke."
"What about you?" I asked.
"I'll hold on as long as I can." He said. "Go!"
"No!" I yelled back. "Clary can do it." I looked at her as she nodded. "And as for you...you need me."
"Little bird...I can't..." he shook his head, he looked so tired.
"Yes, you can and you will." I said and put my hand out to him. "You've saved me, at least give me a chance to save you for once." I looked at him and insisted him to take it. Finally, he did and he took my magic to keep him standing.
I could feel the sting of pain, but I didn't care...without Magnus, I didn't know how I would spend my life. I could hear Jace, Clary and Simon in the back, which meant they were here. Luke still groaned in pain. I closed my eyes, for the immense pain I was feeling, with my powers slowly serving itself to Magnus. I could feel the drops of sweat coming from my forehead, my breathing was heavy.

 I could feel the drops of sweat coming from my forehead, my breathing was heavy

(Instead of Magnus, imagine Hazel)

"Valkyrie!" A voice yelled from the back. It sounded like Alec but I just thought it was an effect of the magic that was drifting away. Until I felt a hand press against my waist and one by my arm. "Let her go! She's dying!"
"I can't!" Magnus replied. "If I do the situation can get worse!"
"Hey, it's okay. Just calm down. Breath, you're gonna be alright." He whispered in my ears. "I'm right here."
I opened my eyes to see Clary helping Luke to drink the potion and he slowly went back to his normal state. I couldn't stand, my head dizzy, I couldn't feel my own body as Magnus let go of my hand. I smiled to him and fell back on a hard chest. His hand gripped me by my shoulders and one that rested on my waist. I nuzzled in a bit as I looked up to see Alec.
"Hey..." I was able to mutter out, still putting on a smile even though my whole body ached.
"Hey..." he replied smiling, placing his forehead on mine. "You're okay."
"Bird!" Said Magnus. "Are you all right?" He said taking me away from Alec's grip and helping me to stand.
"I think I'm alright." I rubbed my temples.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you do this. I'm such a bad..." I giggled at how Magnus got worried and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me immediately.
"You can get worried so easily." I replied trying to prove that I was okay, even though I was not. I looked away to spot Alec.
"I thought you said..." I blinked a couple of times and swallowed, still trying to regain my balance. "I thought you said you were busy."
"I was..." he replied and I smiled.
I tried to walk up to him but stumbled. Luckily, he caught me before I fell. I turned around to see Clary, Simon and Jace hovering over Luke. Clary looked at me and Magnus and thanked us. I simply nodded.
"You can't go anywhere little bird, you need to rest."
"I'm fine." I swallowed and looked down.
"You know, I know when you lie." He said. "You look at the ground." He smiled. "You need to rest." He placed a hand on my cheek and I leaned into it. "I hope Alec can help you with that." He looked up to Alec. He did not let me go, I was still wrapped in his arms. "And I'll get you your favorite food."
"Pasta?" I asked, hoping it was.
"Well, if you insist." He smiled and went to the kitchen.
Alec helped me get to my room. He opened the door and helped me sit on the bed.
"Thanks." I thanked him as he nodded and looked around the room. "You know, you can sit down right?" He smiled and sat down in front of me. His eyes darted to the bedside table.
"Is that your sister?" He asked.
"Yeah."
"Wow, you two look...very similar." He said looking between the picture and me.
"We used to get that a lot." I said as I leaned onto my pillow.
"Are you okay?"
"Never been better." I smiled. "Thank you."
"For what?"
"For coming even though you were 'busy'."
"No problem." He smiled.
We stared at each other for quite a while. My eyes darted from his lips to his eyes as he licked his lips. I got up from my leaning position and leaned towards him. Slowly. I was close, very. I could feel his hot breath fanning my face. To my surprise, Alec did not move. His gaze was fixed on my lips. His breath was shaky. I could tell he was getting nervous. I smirked.
Before I could lean in closer, the door bursted open.
"Little bird, it's..." Magnus couldn't finish when he looked at our awkward faces. He brought the pasta in and gave it to me while Alec scratched the back of his head. "Sorry, if I was interrupting something..." he said and got out of my room as soon as possible.
"Pasta?" I offered Alec a bowl. He muttered thanks in return. I filled my mouth up with the delicious pasta Magnus gave me. I rolled my eyes in satisfaction as I hummed.
"This is really good." He said.
"I know..." I said as I took another fork full of pasta. "It's heaven."
After we finished, I put the bowl down with his and snapped my fingers to clear it out. I then rolled myself up in my bed like a small fur ball.
"I'll leave you to rest." He smiled.
"Alec wait." I got to the left side of my bed. "Stay."
"I can't...uh...I've got to go."
"Why?"
"Because...uh...because."
I rolled my eyes. "Please don't tell me you're busy." He smiled.
He sighed and took off his jacket and laid down beside me.
"Thanks." I smiled.
"You thank people a lot." He chuckled.
"Another great quality from Magnus."
We talked for awhile but soon after, trailed off to sleep.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The almost kiss!
🖤🤍🖤