XXII

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

Matthew stared at the sky, pondering at how it's blue instead of pink-

The drugs he had consumed still had its effects, his mind in a daze as he was still adorned in white garbs. All the servants moved pass him, readying to lineup to bid the consort goodbye. His stuff already arranged in his own carriage.

Children awed from inside the building, their faces pressed up against the windows at the sight of large black carriages. Those were the guards Sovieshu had sent to escort (m/n) back to the palace. There were three in total. One at the front and two at the back and the consort's golden carriage positioned in the middle.

Tayler wanted to sit with the coachman again. He enjoyed having the wind blew past his face while reading a book. The coachman didn't care as long as he gets that coin, he's alright.

The knight felt someone pulled his arm. "Come on, Matthew. You're sitting with me." Marquess Karl yanked on his arm, dragging him to the second black carriage.

The consort who had already been ushered into the carriage, glanced at the knight being pulled by the marquess

The consort who had already been ushered into the carriage, glanced at the knight being pulled by the marquess. He sighed as he pushed his carriage door open. "Marquess Karl!"

The butlers lined up beside his door still had their heads bowed. The brunette bowed to the consort. "You called, Your Grace." "Let him sit with me." (m/n) gestured as he reached to pull Matthew's sleeve. The marquess frowned as he pulled the drugged retainer back. "By all means, Your Grace. He has troubled you enough. He'll be coming with me."

The (h/c) pouted as he leaned forward, his hand reaching the knight. "Please. Just this one time." The marquess wasn't very adamant on this idea. (m/n) noticed this.

"I need to talk things out with him." The consort pleaded as Karl stared at him, gears turning in his head. He sighed as he gently pushed the knight to the consort's carriage. "Just this once." (m/n) smiled as he pulled Matthew in. "Thank you, Karl."

"As you wish, Your Grace."

Immediately shutting the door, (m/n) placed Matthew on the leather seat opposite of him as he took some pillows and placed it around him. "This'll make you feel more comfortable." The redhead stared at the man he adores.

"Thank you..." The consort hummed as he sat in his own seat, looking through the window. He noticed Baron Maverick gazing down at them from the terrace of the upper floors. "I didn't know you were acquainted with Maverick."

Matthew dazedly glanced out as he mumbled his answer. "He's one of the guards that save me from the syndicate. Mavey took me in and raised me for four years." "Mavey?" The redhead nodded as he leaned back in his seat.