XIX

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

(m/n) didn't stay long with the emperor-

Much to the latter's dismay, the consort was searching for the empress. A few guards called for him, ushering him to her study. The woman had thrown a tantrum as soon as she heard about the news.

Her attendant had never seen this before but Navier was screaming in anger demanding to see her husband while said husband was smooching with her other husband in the other room. Adjusting his clothes so it seemed more proper, (m/n) was grossed out since he didn't get to wash himself.

It was still morning so it was a bit chilly. The guards knocked on the door announcing their presence and pushed it open. Said knights stepped aside and (m/n) entered the room.

Navier was standing there behind her desk breathing heavily, her fists clenched and her hair a mess. She was still in her nightgown. (m/n) had rarely seen her in this state.

"(m/n)!"

Immediately the empress ran to her consort, inspecting his face. "Are you alright? Are you injured? Were you touched anywhere?" "Navier I'm alright..." He cooed as he leaned his cheek into her palm, hoping to lessen her worry but it proved to be ineffective.

Navier sighed frustratedly as her eyes travelled to the bandage on his neck. "You lied!" She exclaimed, pointing to the white bandage. "He hurt you! He touched you, (m/n). No one's supposed to touch you without your permission." "Navier please listen to me. It was a misunderstanding." "Enough! I've seen enough and I do not need to listen to someone who dare harm my beloved."

The consort groaned internally. Shit was happening like Sovieshu. They wouldn't let him explain. Grabbing her shoulders, he looked directly into her eyes. "Can you at least give me a chance to talk?" Navier was out of her wits.

She had received the news of Sovieshu accusing Heinrey of sexual harassment. At first she didn't believe it and thought that he was overreacting but after hearing who the victim was she went mad. Maids all flinching hearing her yell, captains trying to reassure her that (m/n) was somewhere in the palace and she couldn't even find Sovieshu.

The empress thought she could trust the prince. Knowing that he was her correspondent in those letters. The cute bird that always flew to her bedroom at night and its nice flirty owner. He was quite mysterious in her eyes, especially with the way he had once apologised to her, she assumed he was planning against the kingdom but to make a move on her consort?

Her face from a look of distaste contorted into one of worry as she sighed and pulled him to seat with her on the long couch. "...okay. Explain." (m/n) smiled as he kissed her knuckles. "Thank you."

(m/n) lied.

He fabricated a story saying that he had merely walked into the prince's room, waiting not knowing he was in the bath and when Heinrey exited the bath, he thought the consort was an intruder and proceeded to pull self defense. It just so happened that (m/n) got injured along the way. The consort tried his best to maintain his body language as Navier scanned him, trying to find out if he was deceiving her but it seemed that he was telling the truth.

"That's it...and it was dark that time. How he was he supposed to know it was me? I didn't announce myself. Besides, he's a prince. He probably faced a lot of assassination attempts before..." Okay now that was true and not true. Part of it was made up but he had a solid reason for it.