Duetter

Scene: recording area in the music company, Scarlet is singing her new song 'Off the Table' while her music director is observing.

Scarlet: (singing) Will, you bе there? (Will you be there?)
Can I still love you? (Can I, can I, babe?)
Not yet healed or ready (not ready)
Shouldn't be goin' too steady (too steady)
Just wanna know is love completely off the table.

I'll wait for you
Even though it always feels like I'll be number two
To someone you can't hold anymore...

Music Director: Cut!

Scarlet stops singing and looks at her music Director to see what is wrong.

Scarlet: Am I singing too quickly or the tone is not good enough?

The music Director presses the button for the microphone to talk to Scarlet.

Music Director: Scarlet, my gem, your song is perfect, and your tone is excellent but something is missing from your song. Scarlet, have you thought about doing a duet with someone from that song?

Scarlet: Umm... I never thought of that sir. I could give it a try sir.

Music Director: Excellent, I have my assistant sort it out for you and Scarlet why don't you go take a break in your dressing room till my assistant sort things out for you?

Scarlet: Okay sir. (Take off the headphones and walk out of the recording area)

Scene: Hallway, Scarlet makes her way to her dressing room. Furyy popped out of her bag.

Furyy: Is everything okay Scar, you look tired.

Scarlet: I'm fine Furyy, just been singing and checking with my music Director to see if he likes it, but unfortunately they need to find someone to do a duet with my song.

Furyy: I'm sure everything will be fine with your song and your music career.

Scarlet: (smiles) Thanks Furyy. (She walked into the room and she was surprised that her father was there.) Dad, what are you doing here?

Danny: Hello my dear, I just came here from your music Director as he asked me to be your manager as you haven't got one.

Scarlet: Where is Noah, Dad?

Danny: He's back in New York with his schoolwork, he got a lot of straight A's with everything. As for me, I finally divorced my ex-wife, got full custody of Noah and patched things up with my company.

Scarlet: Good of you Dad, so why do you want to be my manager?

Danny: Ever since you proved me wrong about you and your mother. I want to be a better father figure to you Scar. I remember you wanted to travel around the world and do a concert so I applied for the manager so I could spend time with you as my daughter.

Scarlet: (smiled) Aww thank Dad.

Scarlet and Danny hug each other tightly. As there was a knock on the door Scarlet answered it and it was one of the Directors' assistants.

Assistant girl: Miss Water, the boss wants to see you back in the recording area.

Danny: Has the music Director found someone for Scarlet's new song?

Assistant girl: Yes he has sir.

Scene: Recording area, Scarlet and her father enter as the music Director is talking to a young man.

Music Director: (turns to look at Scarlet) Scarlet my dear, this is Oliver Wyatt, he is a young YouTube singer with over 6 million subscribers and he is the biggest fan of you and your music.