Resolved - 48

Note: Pictures will be needed to be fully loaded to read this story.
This story will be better read through a mobile device, rather than a PC.

This chapter also contains actual text to read, this will be present whenever our two main characters will be meeting up in real life or one of our main characters is going through something.

|

"Are you sure you're ready?" Kyouka looked at Momo, looking for any trace of uneasiness in her expression. "We could always do this some other day."

"I'm sure Kyouka, besides this time I have you," Momo beamed, raising both her and Kyouka's hands as she looked at their fingers linked together.

The purple-haired girl blushed at the joined hands, looking to the side. "Honestly, I'm not sure I'll be able to change much."

"It's not about changing anything Kyouka," Momo sighed, remembering the amount of worry Kyouka had when she called her over. "You just happen to give me hope and that's all it is." She squeezed her hand, making Kyouka meet her eyes again.

"Thank you, I'll be right here for you. I promise," Kyouka's voice was quiet, feeling shy at the intimacy of the moment. A comfortable silence followed just before Momo grabbed her phone to call her father.

"I apologize if I squeeze your hand too tightly at times," She said, just about to click on her father's contact.

"Oh wait before you dial him I want to make sure of something!" Kyouka interrupted her, squeezing Momo's hand at the same time.

"What is it?" Momo's head tilted to the side.

"In case you don't want me to overhear any of the conversations," Kyouka paused, pulling out some spare earphones from her pocket. "I could listen to some music and block everything out."

Momo looked at Kyouka with nothing but adoration as she realized how thoughtful she was. Her heart soared and she couldn't hold back the wide smile that took over her face. "You're so thoughtful Kyouka," Momo whispered, closing her eyes before she leaned forward and kissed her lightly on the cheek. She opened her eyes to the sight of Kyouka's widened eyes and flushed cheeks. "Thank you," she whispered, beaming as she met Kyouka's onyx eyes.

Kyouka looked to the side embarrassingly, refusing to meet Momo's gaze. "I just wouldn't want to cross any boundaries," Her voice was soft, momentarily scratching the back of her neck. Her gaze dropped to her lap as her voice seemed softer than usual. "You have the right to some privacy as much as the next person."

Momo smiled at Kyouka's unsure and embarrassed stature. Clasping her hand tighter into her own she stared at Kyouka until she met her gaze. "You aren't crossing any boundaries. I wouldn't have you here at my place if I didn't want you here," She spoke earnestly.

"Okay," Kyouka looked up at Momo, still unsure. "Just squeeze my hand the tightest you can if you're uncomfortable with me hearing at any time." Her hand squeezed Momo's tightly as an example as she looked deeply into her eyes. She desperately wanted to express how much she cared but couldn't find the right words.

The silence prolonged as the ringing tone filled the entire house, echoing off the walls. Just as the call was about to decline Momo's father picked up on the last ring.

"What are you calling for this time? I'm far too busy to be playing any silly games," A sharp tone immediately asked, making both girls stiffen. Kyouka felt Momo squeeze her hand momentarily. With high concern Kyouka rubbed circles into Momo's skin as she held her hand, comforting her in any way she could.