Prologue

I remember the time when I was brought in to this beautiful world. As I opened my eyes, I couldn't help but smile. I could see genuine happiness on people who turned out to be my relatives who traveled here just to see me. I felt the sweet, precious arms of a woman, wrapped around my body who turned out to be my mother as my father looked at her.

"You're so cute!" My uncle smiled.

"Aren't you a cutie?" My aunt said, followed by a pinch on the cheek.

It was one of the best day of my life. All my relatives were here, my parents were here, everybody's happy, including me.

Everybody was happy... At least that's what I thought.

It all went upside down.

I was already grown up, my parents and I were sleeping but something woke them up. The wind slid inside the window and touched our skin as we felt goosebumps. My parents got up from bed. My hands were still wrapped around my mother's waist, but she shoved it away. She walked towards the window and closed it. As my mom closed it, she saw a figure, walking towards her, a bunch of people headed towards us. They had ripped tee shirts, baggy pants and drooling mouths. They look... Dead. Could it be?

"Wake up! There are zombies!" She shook us, I mumbled.

The zombies pounded on the door.

"What was that?" I questioned, confused. "Is there a visitor at this hour?"

"No! It's zombies!" She shouted. "Get out of bed and move!" She commanded.

I got up from bed, panicking. I didn't know what she yapping about.

"Where do we escape?!" My dad asked, panicking as well.

"There! " She pointed at the window. We head towards the window, but however, the zombies knew about our plan. They covered the window. I panicked so badly, I cried. My dad thought of another plan on the spot.

"Over there!" He pointed at the other window.

We ran there quickly and thankfully, we escaped. The zombies still followed us as we ran for our lives. We ran to the forest, hoping nothing bad would happen but it did.

"What's happening, Mom?" I looked at her, scared.

"Nothing's wrong." She replied. "Apart from the fact that we're headed towards a cliff!" She raised her voice, I immediately reminded her.

"Do not raise your voice, Mom! You might attract more of the dead people!" I reminded her.

"Yeah." My dad agreed.

"Thanks, son!" She replied.

It suddenly became quiet.

"Hold on." She paused.

She enclosed us with her arms to take a step back.

"We're here." She sarcastically whispered to us.

As we took a glance at the cliff, groans were all that heard. We panicked, we had no where else to go. We were doomed. The zombies started appearing from all sides and spotted our juicy brains. They walked closer to us, crippled.

"This is it." He paused. "We're going to die." He hyperventilated.

"No! We have to find a way out of this." I said.

"Why can't we jump?" She had that idea all this time in her head and didn't tell us.

"Why didn't you tell us that before?" I grunted.

"Let's just do it!"

We jumped off the cliff, followed by screams. The zombies were unable to reach us. We are now safe from them.

* * * * *

I opened my eyes.

"Are we still alive?" I asked.

"Yes." They chuckled.

"Hey, we need to protect Steve." My dad changed the topic.

"What." She paused. "N - No." She stuttered.

"We have to." My dad held my mom's hand.

They looked at me. "I'm sorry, son."

" We'll just sort this out tomorrow. "

* * * * *

I woke up without anybody beside me. It got confused because I remember my parents slept beside last night. Nothing occupied my mind, but my parents.  I scanned the whole area around me and they were nowhere in sight. I guess this is what they talked about yesterday... they abandoned me. Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I sat down, lost and hopeless. I have no idea where I am or why I'm here in this block world, but I know that someday, I'll grow up into a man and I'll be able to understand this world I have spawned to.

(A/N): I'm really sorry if I wrote things that are gramatically incorrect, I'm just 13 and I'm not that good in writing.

Thank you for reading this book! I hope you like it and I hope you're interested in reading more of it!

Feel free to vote, comment and share!