"Fuck, Micah. Why didn't you call me?" My voice begins to raise.

His eyes blink back at me. "I did," he says quickly. "Your phone was engaged."

I close my eyes in defeat, feeling how fast my heart was beating inside my chest. "What did she say to you?"

Micah leans forward onto his elbows, his blue eyes watching me carefully to how I react. "She was saying that you're a nasty piece of work and that I know nothing about you," his eyebrows furrow as he talks. "Saying that I'm making a mistake and soon you're going to ditch me because all you care about is the thrill."

My jaw tenses at what he says. "She didn't threaten you did she?"

He shakes his head. "No but I told her to stay the hell away from us. I think she's the one who sent me the underwear and those insects. She knew my parcel would be at the locker, it was like she was waiting for me to turn up."

Micah's face turns to a look of worry and that panged my heart painfully. I take a step closer to him and slide my arm around his back, feeling his head nudge under my chin gently. "I am so sorry Micah," I sigh in defeat.

"It's not your fault she's crazy," his head begins to shake.

"I know but she shouldn't be sending you things, following you around. You have no idea how much that fucking terrifies me," I sigh as I clench my eyes shut and hold him somewhat tighter.

"You don't think she's just going to go away do you?"

I pull away from Micah eventually and look down to him, his big eyes full of concern. "That's why you're not going to go anywhere alone," I say seriously.

"West—"

"No," I shake my head to him. "I don't want to hear it, if something happened to you because of her then I'd never forgive myself."

Micah's lips part to speak but he shuts them immediately.

"I'll hire someone to come pick you up and take you to work and vice versa," I nod once before taking my phone out.

His hand reaches up to cup the phone. "West that's just ludicrous," he says suddenly. "I don't need a chauffeur all of a sudden. What are people gonna think when they see me rocking up to work in a private car?"

"They're not going to think anything because I'll be paying for it, and if someone wants to question me about it then they can talk to me privately. Not that it's anyone else's business anyway." I say as I remove his fingers from my phone.

Micah's eyes look up at me with a look that screamed, 'you're doing too much'.

I sigh and cup the back of his head gently. "You might think this is over the top but I know Estella, I know what she tried to do to me, to herself."

"You didn't really say much about what happened between you guys," Micah lets out slowly. "All you've said to me is that she's crazy because she accused you of cheating on her, what else has she done to make you think that I need a chauffeur?"

My hand drops from the back of his head to take his hand. "Let's sit and we can talk about it." I say as I notion my head over to the sofas.
Micah removes himself from the stool and follows me over, not once dropping my hand. Eventually I sit down onto the sofa and watch as he slides into the corner and pulls his legs up onto the material, slightly hugging one knee.