Chapter 3

Hera Marie

"Are you sure that this is what Amara likes?" I asked while looking at the violet remote controlled car that Amarie's holding.

Katatapos lang namin bumili ng regalo para kay Grace at kasalukuyan naman kami ngayong nasa toy store para bumili ng regalo para kay Amara.

"Yes, Mommy! Trust me, this is what Amara likes. She actually wanted to buy this one, but Mama won't let her because there are already so many toys in our house. You see, Amara loves to play with this kind of toys," paliwanag niya.

"Hmm... is that so? Okay, let's buy that," sambit ko. "How about you, Amarie? What do you want? Come on, take your time and choose whatever you like. I'll wait for you here," dagdag ko.

"Are you sure, Mommy?" she asked. I nodded at her and smiled.

I saw her eyes twinkled and immediately ran to the section of teddy bears. Inilibot niya ang tingin sa mga teddy bears at mabilis na kinuha ang may kasing laki niya na kulay pink na teddy bear. Hindi ko maiwasang matawa nang makita itong hirap na hirap sa pagbuhat no'n kaya tumayo na ako at lumapit para tulungan siya.

"Is this all that you want? Nothing else?" I asked.

She nodded at me twice. "Yes, Mommy. We already have so many toys in our house, so this big teddy bear is enough," she said. 

"Okay, then. Let's go to the counter," I said.

Inilapag ko ang ka-size ni Amarie na teddy bear at ang remote controlled to car sa ibabaw ng cashier. Nang matapos mabalot ng cashier ang mga pinamili namin ay nagpasalamat kami at umalis.

"Mommy, it's already lunch time and we're still not eating. I'm already straving," Amarie said while massaging her hungry stomach.

Napatingin naman ako sa wristwatch ko at nakitang lunch na nga. I totally forgot about it dahil sa sobrang enjoy sa pamimili. "I'm sorry. Iwan muna natin 'tong pinamili natin sa kotse bago tayo magtanghalian, is that okay?" I said.

Tumango naman siya sa akin at sumagot, "Okay."

Nang makarating parking lot ay dumiretso kaagad kami sa kotse. Isinalansan ko sa backseat ang mga pinamilo namin pero nag-iwan pa rin ako ng pwesto dahil dito uupo mamaya si Amarie.

"I'm done. Where do you want to eat?" tanong ko at binuhat siya papasok sa mall. Her feet's probably hurting.

"Over there, Mommy. That's our favorite restaurant." Turo niya sa isang seafood restaurant na nasa gilid namin.

Pumasok kami doon at kaagad na nakahanap ng upuan. The waiter immediately came to us and asked about our order. Amarie ordered a shrimp pasta and a glass of strawberry shake, while I ordered a smoked lobster tail and a glass of mango shake.

While waiting for our food to be served, Amarie started to tell about her mama and her sister. I can't help but smile widely while listening to her stories.

She stopped talking when our food finally came. We then, ate peacefully while listening to the music inside the restaurant. I finished my food first so I waited for her to finish her food too before leaving the restaurant.

We're on our way to the parking lot when she suddenly called me, "Mommy." Pagkalabit niya pa sa akin.

Nilingon ko naman siya. "Why?"

"I want ice cream, Mommy," she said and pointed her index finger at the ice cream shop in front of us.

"Is that so? Okay, let's buy an ice cream," sambit ko bago siya binuhat papasok sa shop at dumiretso sa counter. "What do you want to have?" I asked.