Chapter 12: A Minor Hiccup

ابدأ من البداية

"I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale," Yang said, stretching. "Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard."

"Great!" Ruby said cheerfully. "We'll meet up tonight near Yang's position to go over what we found. Let's do this!"

"Yeah!"

Everyone whipped around to find a familiar monkey Faunus hanging upside down from the windowsill.

"Sun?!" Blake exclaimed.

"How did you get up there?" Yang asked.

"Aw, it's easy; I do it all the time," Sun replied.

"You do what?!" Phoenix and Weiss demanded.

"I climb trees all the time!" Sun corrected hastily.

Weiss's eyes narrowed.

"So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?" Sun asked, flipping himself into the room and landing on his feet.

"Can you seal the windows at night?" Weiss whispered to Phoenix.

"Already planned to," the mercenary whispered back.

"We... are going to investigate the situation," Blake replied in answer to Sun's question. "As a team."

"Sorry, Sun," Ruby apologized. "We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to."

"Pfft, that's dumb," Sun replied, waving a hand dismissively. "You should always get friends involved. That's why I brought Neptune."

"You what?"

The four girls and Phoenix peeked out the window and saw Neptune balancing precariously on the ledge outside. "Sup."

"How did you even get up here?" Ruby asked.

"And without slipping," Phoenix added.

"I have my ways," Neptune replied, trying to be cool. "Seriously, though, can I come in? We're like... really high up right now."

Timeskip brought to you by Phoenix setting Neptune on Fire

"Alright," Ruby said. "I'll go with Weiss and Phoenix. Sun, you can go with Blake. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner," Ruby said, pushing Neptune toward the blond girl. As he passed Weiss, Neptune winked at her.

Phoenix's eyes narrowed, and he felt what he could only describe as a stab of cold fire in his chest. He wasn't sure why though.

"Alright," Ruby said. "Everyone good?"

"More like Chaotic Neutral, but yeah, we're good," Phoenix said.

Timeskip brought to you by Phoenix 'accidentally' aiming a water cannon at Neptune

"Wowwww!" Ruby marveled as she, Weiss, and Phoenix walked down the streets of Vale toward the CCT building. "I forgot how big the transmit tower looks up close!"

"You should see the one in Atlas," Weiss replied.

"Wasn't that the first one?" Phoenix asked.

"Correct," Weiss answered. "Atlas developed the Cross Continental Transmit system to allow the four kingdoms to communicate with one another. It was their gift to the world after the great war."