She's Gone

CHAPTER 13

Mandy

She already prepared the table for breakfast, it was filled with good bread and well hot soup made up of spices that she plucked from their little garden.

She was glad that there are still spices there, she left the place and got away for almost a week and returned with a half-dead body.

It’s been a week since it happened. In an attempt to introduce herself to the Queen as her cousin, the military police were not that open-minded to be convinced that she told them the truth.

But in return, they beat the hell out of her and left her half-dead. They said that the Queen doesn’t have relatives anymore, so they told her that she was a liar a thief, and even worse, they named her a whore.

If she was truly the Queen’s first cousin, why didn’t the Queen came to her personally and take her in? Why did he do that she grew up alone? They asked her that, and it made her hate Historia even more.

Well, why didn’t that brat come for them?

Mandy wants to ask her personally. Why didn’t she remember about them? Did she completely forgotten about the family who once took her in?

Mandy was there, creeping at the half-opened door of her bedroom, looking at Historia as she tries to eat that delicious meal that her grandparents cooked for her. Though they taught Historia about doing the house chores, they were treating her in a special way than Mandy, and she just got frustrated because Historia has special things in possess than Mandy.

Mandy wished if only she got blonde streaks and blue eyes, maybe they will treat her special too. She hates her black hair and tanned skin. Historia's skin was lighter than hers.

She felt jealous that Historia even kept a book with her. Mandy never held a book before and she felt annoyed to know that Historia was gaining things better than her.

Historia also managed to read on her own. No one ever taught her how to read. She was always alone so that's why it made Historia an outcast from the start. Mandy’s dad always reminded her that she will not get herself close to that kid, because she is different.

Why is she different?

Even though their grandparents were cold to Historia, Mandy still can’t understand why they treated her so special. She would eat alone at the table like she was a princess, with that delicious meal that she never tasted before.

She never talked to Historia even if they were in the same residence. She just stared from afar as the kids threw rocks at her.

She deserves it anyway.

Mandy was the true culprit why those kids threw rocks at her in the first place; she told them that Historia’s an outcast and an illegitimate member of the family. Her mother was a whore and she will grow up just like her mother, a whore that would always go to the capital and sell herself to the pigs.

But the worlds turned upside down and look at them now.

Mandy’s life got torn out of the picture when they killed Alma and sent Historia away.

Their grandparents cried when they knew about the news on the same night, and her grandmother stormed outside to see Rod Reiss and they killed her as well.

Historia was not there to witness the situation. She was already inside the carriage when their grandmother came out and just like Alma, her throat was sliced.

Rewrite the Stars By Camile18जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें