After Dawn

Author's Note: Hello Guys! Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year! I didn't have a chance to update sooner because  super typhoon landed on my country and we lost internet connection for six days. But the good news is I worked on the chapters during those boring days and decided to post them today as my Christmas treat for my loyal readers. Once again, I still think that I am moving too slow for my character's development, but I still think that I'm just being efficient so that we can fully understand the scenes. I hope you're still not tired for this.

Thank you for waiting and Enjoy guys! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Levi

He crossed the path with a raging speed; hair was pulled back by the morning air that slams on his face, as his body was adjusting the usual movement of his horse, and the sun came to rise and made him feel itchy for wearing the same clothes he had from yesterday. Usually, he takes a bath early in the morning, but today, he didn’t even have a chance to do a cleaning of his body.

How he wishes he just carried enough decent clothes with him to be more presentable when he shows himself to the Capitol. Not that he wants to show off, but the fact that noble’s opinions do matter for every regiment. Since their opinions always seem to flood up newspapers, Levi doesn’t want to be in the headings and accused of not escorting the Queen here.

Honestly, it’s nonsense and he doesn’t give a fuck if only Erwin would not confront him once he knew what just happened.   If it's not because if Historia, he would never set foot on Mitras and face those pigs. But sad to say that he has to follow Historia there to clear everything between them. There is something wrong with him last night.

He swear to all the fucking lords and walls, that he never wish to harm the Historia or develop more personal feelings with her, he was only there as her ally and friend. As a person who can assure her that she's safe whenever she walks down to her royal quarter after they spent time studying at the library. His more like a big brother to her, and  nothing more. But it seemed that all of those fucking thoughts  will be useless. He is the one to be blamed anyway. Even if he turns the world upside down, everything will still be his own doing and no one else can be blamed.

This time, he will make sure that he will talk to Historia. He will not stop until they meet today even if he doubts that he can still catch up with Historia before she reaches Mitras, but he would still try to see and meet with her today.

Questions and other damn thoughts were flooding in his mind. Like everything is in chaos between him and with the Queen. He doesn’t want that to happen as he wants to maintain their good alliance. if he can change everything, he would not screw himself with these people. All he wants was to focus in the Survey Corps’ preparation for scouting the Wall Maria. But he’s out here, chasing the Queen.

So he better finish his business here before he can return to the Commander.

He sighed.

He eyed Arlelt beside him. Levi is not stupid enough to not notice Armin’s nervous impression. Something was bothering the smart assed kid, and he doesn’t want to be with a person whose mind was wondering about whatever he was shitting at.

"You should make sure that you're relaying me enough information from the Queen before she left. Or else we'll be dealing the consequences of her stubbornness." He flatly explained.

"Huh?" Armin winced and turned to Levi. "O-oh. She didn't say anything that much when I chased her, Captain, Sir." He just promptly replied but his blue eyes denoted that he was holding back some words.

Just by watching at that look, Levi can see how sharp this kid was. There was more to what he was not saying. Arlelt was restless on his mare, and he can see how troubled he was while glancing at Levi.

"Why don't you just start talking about the real thing before you shit in your pants?" It's time to make him talk.

Armin just glanced at him with that anxious gaze and swallowed in freight.

"She didn't tell me anything else.." His eyes were terrified and uncomfortable. Levi narrowed his gaze at him as he can feel the untruth in his words.

"Try to spout the wrong word at me again, Arlelt, and you'll be sprinting your horse upside down." This kid won’t fool him. Nothing goes past Levi even Armin’s shaking grip on his reins, he's bad at lying just by looking at his eyes that are rounder when he tries to resist telling what he truly knew.

“Spill it, for fuck sake. . . . ” Levi growled while giving Arlelt his pointed eyes.

Then Arlelt bit his lip and gritted his teeth as a sign that he doesn’t have a choice but to speak. Looks like Armin was about to break a promise with Historia.

"She told me that I must convince you not to follow her. So that she can reason out that she ran away from her subjects and wants to be alone while traveling. .” Armin blurts out in fright in his reins.

Levi would think that Arlelt probably peed on his pants now that Levi gave him his dangerous gaze.

“Tch” that’s all Levi could ever respond to in that sudden information.

To protect him she says? Fuck that. Now she tries to use that reason so she can avoid him?

“Arlelt, somehow you made me believe that you are loyal to me. But I felt disappointed that you supported Historia from his stubbornness and put her to danger.” He dryly said to Armin who was starting to regret his lies. “I understand that you can’t say no to her.”

Armin slightly trembled while on his steed when Levi said that. He had a thought that Armin liked her so much that it clouded his judgment. Well, he's not sure if she did cloud his judgment.

“w-what? It’s not like that. I . . . I mean”. . .  Armin paused and Levi pitied him so much.

“Never mind. Anyway, Arlelt. You should go back to the orphanage right now. I think I have to find her myself this time.” he changed his mind.

“but captain---”

“you should reason out to the appointed maids in the orphanage for just watching Historia running away earlier. If things will escalate, our names will be specifically written on papers again for failing to guard the newly appointed Queen. Civilians may saw her running alone on his horse, and The maids will report to the Royal Courts for what we just did.”

“my bad, Captain. I'm sorry.” Armin brought his palms on his forehead. “I guess I'm not that  when it comes to that.”

Then he paused and chuckled at that thought.

“We don’t have time to blame ourselves now. What we need to do is to prepare ourselves for what is going to happen when Historia gets to Mitras. I should head there first and see what I can do, while you try to convince the two ladies. Tell the others to meet me at Mitras after you settle things with the ladies. If they get angry, then you can expect us to see in the dungeons or at the quarters. You may go now.,” Levi imagined the two maids going crazy right now if they knew that the Queen ran away to the Mitras.

“Yes. Sir..” Arlelt seems to understand him with a great presence of mind. He turned his horse around and went back in the opposite direction.

Now Levi will head to Mitras all alone.

It's time to face her again after that dawn. If only she was just an ordinary girl, Levi wouldn’t waste his time chasing her around just because she slipped right in last night in his quarters. But fuck, Historia is now the fucking Queen. Damn, his life will be in comprehensive chaos right now if he can’t catch up with Historia. She might be terrified of him of course. Bhes not sure how is Historia right now, is she thinking about the two of them?

Yeah, whatever that was. Levi just wanted to return to the Survey Corps and continue their mission to babysit Eren Yeager. He will drop the idea of sticking around with Historia. Because unlike before, their relationship has been tainted with that awful dream.

He swears that after talking to Historia, he will never set foot in the orphanage again or talk to her. He will distance himself to her from now on and nothing more.