Chapter 3 "Glorious"

Levi

While strolling towards the Commander's quarter, Levi felt the heat of the sun emanating from the windows as the sunlight physically contacted his cheek. While walking in the hallway, the new rookies gave their morning greetings to him; he just nods without meeting their eyes, whether they are the new scouts from the military police or not, he doesn't care. He reached the Commander's door. For sure; Erwin is ready to leave his room at this hour. It came to his mind that he would need the Commander's friendly opinion regarding what he brought up with the Young Queen last night.

If only Historia had seen his face when the shitty door hit his arm, surely the blonde kid would not stop mumbling her apologies to him, she'll be pouring all her kindness into his fucked up face. He wanted to punch the wooden door out of habit but for some unknown reason, he can't. Especially, when the Queen appeared before his eyes. He was very stupid as he wondered why he could not avoid just one single fucking door. Now he could not move his hand as it commenced to swell. This is the first time it happened.

Finally, he reached the Commander's door and knocked hoping that Erwin's still inside.

"Who's there?" he heard him ask from the other side. He let go a sigh of relief.

"Me," he replied in a casual tone. He knew that Erwin recognized his bored voice.

"Come in." He said in an authoritative tone.

Levi entered the room and he saw Erwin sitting at the side of his bed, reaching down to fix his boots. He's well dressed now, Levi's mind wondered how he managed to put those clothes and shoes on when he only had one arm, he felt sorry for the loss of his good friend's arm. Yet Erwin still had that determined and proud composure as he goes on with his daily life. Well, he can get used to it, he's an extremely brilliant person than any of them.

He sat on the chair beside Erwin's desk, it was piled with a lot of papers; pens were settled in a small storage, there's a cup of tea and a pot. At least, it's not messy compared to Hange's table. He would like to invite himself for a cup of tea but he prefers to drink later at the mess hall. For now, he wants to talk to Erwin about something. He battled to keep his composure as the migraine came once more, He closed his eyes, crossed his arms and legs while holding up for the Commander to say something.

"What is it, Levi?" the Commander finally asked.

"The kid wants to build an orphanage." He spouted out, setting his eyes on the desk.

Erwin looked at him with a confused calm expression. For sure, he won't know what he's talking about but Levi waited for a moment for the Commander to process what he said. He hates to talk that much.

"Queen Historia?" Erwin emphasized the first word; for sure, the Commander gathered his thoughts before he determined what he was talking about, Erwin decided to get up and headed to the cabinet to get his brown jacket and started to dress with it. Levi felt the pang when he realized that the other side of the jacket's sleeve was still on its downfall level. Reminding him of how did the Commander lose his arm.

"Good point. I heard everyone was asking her about her first plans for the throne, one of them was Frigoz. He is making his move for his next victim. He got his eyes on her; you saw it too, at the dining hall. That bastard, he's a clean douchebag, yet so known about his dirty works." Levi grabbed a document from the piled papers and tries to read the content. He can see from his peripheral view that Erwin raised one of his thick eyebrows.

"He's not an easy boar, and that's the perks of having the new Queen seated on the throne, she's good bait for those clean hardcore creeps at the government like Frigoz. We can get our hands on them when they are involved with the Queen." Erwin