CHAPTER TWO

◦•●◉✿☆♡⚪♡☆✿◉●•◦

17 July 2021

After I finished eating my cereal, I took a quick shower and wore a simple outfit.

I grabbed my phone and slid my backpack on, locking the front door heading to my manager's car

I grabbed my phone and slid my backpack on, locking the front door heading to my manager's car. Greeting my manager with a soft smile and a bow, he nodded back.

"Are you ready or are you nervous?" He asked starting the car.

"I'm freaking out," I replied, trying my hair into a low ponytail, letting my curtain bangs frame my face.

"That's normal don't worry." He reassured me. "I was nervous too when I became your manager.

"Why's that?"

"I'll be honest with you, I've been managers for brats," He plainly said.

"But you're nowhere near bratty behavior." He finished. "I thought I'd be a snobby bitc-, sorry." I held my hand up to my mouth silencing myself from cursing.

"It's fine. And no, you are not snobby either. It's just that people judge you before they even know you, I've only known you for 5 months but it feels like I've known you for years.

Smiling at his encouraging words, I couldn't help but think what my members would think. Subconsciously clutching on the Purple Gem Necklace, feeling tears threatening to fall.

Would they accept a-

" Aera-ssi? Are you listening?"

"Oh, sorry?" I stopped touching the necklace and blinked away the tears, looking at my Manager through the mirror.

"No, never mind." A small smile plastered on his perfectly sculpted face.

I wish my dad would be like him. I hope he would be like him.

I've never seen my dad. He probably didn't know if I was alive, or maybe he doesn't care.

"Sorry I wasn't listening."

"No, it's ok kid. My daughters are the same." He smiled warmly parking the car in the parking lot when we reached the company.

"Don't fall in love Millie," He warned jokingly with a slight chuckle. "Those boys are dashingly handsome." He finished.

"You know what they look like?"

He replied with a nod. "Can you give me a heads up on what to expect?" I lightly shook his arm giving him the puppy eyes and pouting my lip.

"Nope." He hoped the 'p', pushing me into the elevator. "All of that aegyo was for nothing." I pouted.

He chuckled, patting my head as we waited for the elevator to reach the 14th floor.

People would assume he is my dad because of the way I acted around him. He's more like a father figure to me than my Manager.

His wife must be lucky to have such a loving and caring husband, and his daughters are hella lucky to have a dad like him.

The elevator made a 'ding' sound, indicating we reached the 14th floor. Exiting the elevator, we walked in at the right time when Bang PD-nim said.

"Welcome your new member, Zhong Amelia."

All eyes darted to me and I got a little uncomfortable but I bowed my head to the people in the room with a little introduction.

"Hello, My name is Amelia. I'm American - Chinese, born in Australia, and I'm an 0'6 liner. Nice to meet you." I bowed once again.

The boys looked shocked to see a girl. Their jaws were practically touching the floor.

I scanned the boys one by one and one boy who looked like he had a baby filter on locked eyes with me.

"Millie?"

"Ji?"

We said at the same time.

Oh.
My.
God.

◦•●◉✿☆♡⚪♡☆✿◉●•◦

Idk what to say.