HOME

(A/N: Surprise! Surprise! Double update)

Y/N's POV

The sun was ready to set. A few clouds scattered across the sky, trying to hide the sun behind them. The gentle sea breeze caressing our faces. The sparkling blue water in front of us, and the cool sand on which we were sitting. Everything was as perfect as the happy ending of a rom-com. I turned to Jungkook, who was sitting by my side, but staring at the sea in front of us. The rays of sunlight were falling on his beautiful face and highlighting his side profile even more.

I looked at him for a few seconds before speaking up, "Kookie, I am really sorry that I put us through all this. I thought I was helping you by doing this, and that if I am not there, you will have fewer problems to deal with. "

He looked at me, "Y/N, it's-"

I stopped him, "No, please let me get this all out." I took his hand in mine, and continued, "I never told you the story of my parents' divorce, right? Ever since I was a kid, all I had seen was my parents fighting. But it was not always like that. We were once a family full of love and happiness, but as the years passed by, I was around 7 or 8 years old, things started going downhill. They started growing apart, and kept fighting and arguing all the time. So many times, they thought I was asleep, but I was listening to all the yelling, and I was crying myself to sleep. And then, in my relationship with Archie, everything was good at first, and then I started seeing how incompatible we were and all we used to do was argue with each other. All that I had seen in my life was broken relationships and the drama it brought along.", I started tracing soft circles on his hand with my thumb, and looking down at our interlocked hands, I continued, "With you all I knew was peace. I was happy and content. But as soon as the harmony in my life got threatened, I let my fears get the best of me..." I sighed.
"However, now I know better. I might still have those fears and doubts in my head, and problems will always come our way, but it would be easier to deal with, if we have each other's support and strength."

He cupped my face and slightly uplifted it to look into my eyes, and said, "Peaches, I can't promise that there will be no rumours or scandals in future. I can't control these external factors, but I can assure you one thing, that I will always be there for you. I know I am being selfish here and I should probably let you go. You could have an easier life, away from this mess, away from me. But I don't want to. I was in hell these past two weeks without you. I love you. I am hopelessly, helplessly and irretrievably in love with you. So, please, if you allow, let me be selfish this one time."

Tears were trailing down my cheeks. I eagerly nodded my head in agreement, and grabbed a fistful of his shirt, quickly pulling him into a deep kiss. The time stopped as his lips met mine, and my heart skipped a beat. As the kiss intensified, we felt thousands of sparks fly. A burst of raw emotions. Nothing else mattered in that moment, other than his heavenly touch on my body. His hypnotizing smell and addictive taste was everything I needed.

As we broke our kiss, we hugged each other tightly, and then I spoke again, "If it's not too late, does that offer for having dinner with your parents still exist?"

"Of Course it does.", he cheerfully replied, giving me a hand to stand up. As we started walking towards the car, he asked, "By the way, when did you come back?"

"Today. I rushed to see you as soon as I landed.", I innocently said.

"WHAT? After that dreadfully long flight, you came straight to me?", He looked at me stunned.

"I didn't come straight to you. I actually went to your apartment first, then Jin told me you were not there, then I went to dad's…. Well yeah! I came straight to you.", I absent-mindedly responded.

"Oh God!! You sure do love me.", He side hugged me. "Now, let's get you to my apartment. You should rest for a while.", He sat in the driving seat and let me rest. Not many words were exchanged on our way back, just a few glances and smiles were shared. And even that silence was utterly comforting.

As soon as we reached his apartment, we went straight to his bedroom and passed out, cuddling. Maybe I was jet lagged or maybe it was the comfort of his arms, that I slept through the night like a baby. And it was the best sleep I have had in a while. I felt like I was finally HOME.

*************************************************
Author's note

Thanks to all our readers for sharing this journey with us. Your love and support means a lot to us. Hope we were able to deliver a satisfying ending!!

But this is not the end!! A beautiful epilogue awaits you!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share the story 💜💜