why is it so...cold ?

Start from the beginning

So I did the thing that everyone would have done , the logical thing , I jumped on the bed and cuddle with the person laying here , right next to me , the person keeping me warm and safe . I felt so secure here , like nothing bad could happen to me . It was such a pleasant feeling , it has been such a long time since I didn't feel this , the last time I actually felt like nothing bad would ever happen was...when my mother was still alive , and that she cuddled with me until I felt asleep in her harms . Her body had the same warmth , the one that was keeping me safe at night...the one that I lost that day...but now...it's here ! I-I found it again , that feeling of finally being safe .

And with this new found peace , I felt asleep in the stranger's arms , wrap around my body .

_______________________________________

          ~time skip to the morning~

                               -?-

I woke up as soon as I felt the sun on my face , I remembered feeling really cold on the middle of the night...I don't know if it was just a dream or if it was just super cold but I can still feel this sudden warmth that came out of no where . It's almost like I can still feel it , right there in between my arms . I could feel something in my arms so I held it tighter thinking it was my pillow but it started moving...wait-IT STARTED MOVING !

my eyes shot open an I looked at the so called " pillow " I was holding on my chest . Turns out it wasn't a pillow but the fox that me and the pack followed for days I the woods !

( If you didn't get it , ? = Derek , so it's a Derek POV right now 👀 )

I stumbled back in chock , what the fuck is the werefox doing in my bed !? I accidentally fell off of the bed making a mess and lots of noises . I saw the fox stubble back from the sudden loud noise and quickly hide under the sheets...fuck, I woke him up !

For a minute or two we were on total  silence , nothing moved . I could hear his racing heart beat slowing down with the time , once it was calm enough I decided to get up and walk towards my bed , I carefully lift the blanket up trying not to make any fast movements so I don't make the fox run away . After the blanket is totally off the fox I throw it away from the animal in a ball position on my bed , when I saw that it was trembling I wondered what could be wrong...he's heartbeat is regular he can't be stressed , maybe he's cold ? I hesitantly put my hand on top of he's back and within seconds his body stopped trembling and he lift his face up and looked at me directly in the eyes . I thought it would run away like last time I tried to pet him but he didn't budge , instead he only started to shift uncomfortably under my hand so I put it off but as soon as my hand left his furr he let out a small whine and start trembling again . What's going on ? I let my hand on his furr again and this time I let my hand wonder from his back to the top of his head an to my surprise he started purring i was shocked , was one of the strongest creature o the earth just laying here on my bed purring under my touch like some random cat ? And I think that the fox was actually as shock as me because his eyes were wide opened and his mouth a bit open like he was going to say something but he quickly closed it and just land in my touch insisting me to continue petting him...ok that's super weird !? It's almost a if he just realized what he was doing for a second and then just ignored it like it was nothing , but what's even weirder is that last time I tried to pet him he just ran away like my touch was some kind of disease . But now he's practically begging for it...maybe it's not there is two werefoxes in beacon hills . One that apparently lives in the woods and the other well...lives in...my bed I guess ? That would explain the sudden change in his personality...but that absurd ! Werefoxes are very rare and hunt down by professional hunters and now there are two in beacon hills and they look just like each other .