Authors Note

Thank you so much for reading, I actually started this project when I had a writer's block and had pieces that hanged loosely or didn't quite fully transcend to a novel so I just made them short stories instead and just fell in love with it.

A Kind Of Feeling is a short story about this white boy who has a crush on this black boy who's name he can't even pronounce but spends time in the mirror trying till he finally finds the guts to approach him, it's very much the standouts for me in this book as it was the first one I wrote and the boy being Xhosa was just a blast to write about.

My Fathers Son is a story about this boy who feels like he can't amount to what his father expects him to be and always finding similarities they share and how they are opposites in so many way, it's about wanting to be a strong Xhosa man like his father. 

It's Fine, We're Fine, I'm Fine is a story that features a character from the above story about a girl who broke the one good relationship that was going for her, it's a lesbian love story with a twist.

Mother, Hear My Heart Beat is actually a concept that I got from the movie Love Simon about a straight guy finally realizing who he is after a long time of trying to be sure and tries making his mother understand him more and also fill in the spaces of his absentee father

Text Me Back is based on the famous dating app "Grindr" and is about the escapades of this one boy who never gets what he wants there until one guy shows more interest in him than anyone there and something starts to blossom from text to real life where he has high expectations.

Stupid People is about a one night stand that lasted way too long and inevitably ending up hurting someone.

The Most is a loose story that's based off two characters that are from different backgrounds but still find a way to be intertwined.

I Don't Know is a story about sometimes always keeping things to yourself till the time is right and avoid having a lot of regrets.

I'd like to thank Phathuzuko Mbete, Kai, Christine More and Klarion Scribbles for contributing their beautiful pieces.

Love and Peace
-Mellonic