14. Dangers of Magic

Start from the beginning

Do not worry too much, Lily. I will go home soon. 

Queen Rowyna had informed us that instead of arresting Earendill Wing, the only thing that she could do was to make sure that the blue gem of Eowine will be kept safe and she had to make sure that her fortress would be safe from any invasion. They will also send a lot more elf warriors to go against him and his men. A war is brewing but before all else, we have to rescue Emrys. Our mission now has changed. Instead of arresting him, we are now to rescue Emrys and keep him safe from Earendill Wing. All hope isn't lost yet, my dear Lily. 

Most of all, Earendill Wing isn't as strong as the other Death Eaters that we have fought in London, England. The kingdom will deploy an army in Melven City to keep the peace and safety of its citizens. 

Your husband, 

James Potter." 

Lily was able to breathe in relief after reading the letter and she was happy to know that her husband would soon come home. All she can do was wait for his safe return. She also began to pray that nothing wrong would come out of his mission and he'll be able to finish his mission as soon as possible as she could not wait to see him again. 

... 

Later that afternoon, Lily stepped out of the cottage to go to their backyard wherein she could watch the wondrous waterfalls when she saw her children chatting together with Elwyn's ruby dragon. The dragon was now two feet in size already. 

"How can you speak Parseltongue? That's what our parents called the language you use when you speak with snakes" Elwyn asked Harry while she was petting her dragon. "When did you learn to speak with snakes?"

Harry sighed. "Anyway, I don't know! It was an instinct to me."

"Couldn't you teach me how it's done?" Elwyn asked. "I want to know how!"

"It was just natural to me," Harry giggled. "You can't even tell me how to be a dragon rider."

She pouted after that since what he said was true. "You don't know how to teach that language to me? It sounds creepy when you talk snake!" 

"Mom may be looking for us, now!" Harry was now very irritated since he didn't want her talking too much about his ability to speak Parseltongue since he was aware that his ability usually worried their parents and he doesn't know why. "We'll have salad for today and tasty mangoes!"

Elwyn gripped his hand. "Why don't you just tell me how? Sounds to me like you're being selfish!" 

"No means no!" Harry answered her. "I don't know!" 

Lily quickly intervened in their argument when she saw that her children were beginning to fight about it. Since she's the oldest in the family, she knew that she was the only one who could stop her children from arguing because of something senseless. "Let it go, Elwyn. Harry doesn't know how to teach that language to you."

"Why? Harry couldn't have learned it suddenly!" Elwyn folded her arms. "All languages have grammar."

"It's not the same," Harry replied to her as he hid behind Lily. "It was instinct."

Lily's heart was broken when she heard how Harry could speak that language and in her mind, the only person known to have the ability to speak that language was Tom Marvolo Riddle, the man who had led the Death Eaters until he disappeared out of nowhere and made their children susceptible to attack in London. At the same time, it became clear to her that the boy in Professor Trelawney's prophecy couldn't be Elwyn but Harry. "Elwyn, this is something beyond my control. I can't explain a lot to you yet since you're both young."

"I give up," Elwyn sighed. 

Harry hugged her mother and began to cry on her again. "Mom! When will dad go home?"

"He's going home, sweetie," Lily promised her children. "Your father had told us that he has some matters to attend to first before he gets back home."

"He'll be back home safe, right?" Elwyn began to cry, too. "Ever since he left, I can't focus on my studies, mom!" 

Lily dried the tears of her children. "We need to have faith in him, Elwyn, and Harry. Your father's a strong wizard and he won't let you lose a father. He will come home."

A/n: Thank you for reading my fanfiction! It's been a long time since I have added a chapter here and yes, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to leave a vote and comment! :)