13. Elwyn's Magic

Start from the beginning

"Are you saying that it could be you?" Harry asked while he suddenly stepped back away after seeing a baby dragon leave its shell after a small blast that burned the roots of the tree. 

"Why would I not take care of this baby dragon who seemed to warm up with me?" Elwyn asked him. The baby dragon cuddled her leg gently as if Elwyn were her mom. "Dragons here in Feth Fiada are wonderful creatures."

Lily began to worry for her daughter but she chose not to show it to her child, so, she just hugged her. "What will you name the red dragon?"

Elwyn looked at the red scales of the small dragon that seemed to glow like rubies under the sun. "Ruby can be her name, right, mom?"

"Seriously, mom?" Harry asked her. "We're going to have a reptile chicken in the house!"

"Don't call her that!" screamed Elwyn. "You're just jealous that a dragon chose me! Dragons choose their riders! I am a dragon rider now!" 

Harry clenched his fists, then, he walked away and slammed the door after getting inside back in their cottage. Meanwhile, Lily went back inside to console him after reassuring Elwyn that his brother wouldn't be so bitter about her decision to keep the dragon.  

...

For a few minutes, Lily looked for Harry until she found him crying in their storage room. She slowly walked near him and sat on the floor. "What's wrong, son? You weren't like this when your dad's here."

"Elwyn's having a great time as a witch!" Harry shouted. "I feel like my powers weren't as good as hers and now, she's a dragon rider!"

"You're not happy for her?" Lily asked him. "Isn't she still your sister?"

Harry took a very deep breath before he answered his mother. "She's just so perfect while I do feel like I have a defect deep inside me! Why can she make fairies close to her while they stay away from me? I can do 'Expelliarmus' so well with a wand and do some little magic tricks while she can have a talking dragon?"

"Son," Lily held his hands together. "You're ten years old."

"I know that I am ten years old but aren't we twins?" Harry sobbed. "The elves who were teaching us say the same thing! I kept asking the same thing to them and they answer the same thing you're telling me!"

"You may be twins but it doesn't mean that everything will be the same for the two of you!"

"Why can't people realize that I want to be recognized and do some kind of powerful magical things like her?" Harry took her black wand out. "I can only do magic with a stick while my sister can do magic without it!"

Lily couldn't help but continue to be bewildered by what he was telling her. "Your sister can do all those things? Harry! Tell me!"

"Do you think that I will be lying about it?" Harry asked her. "Other mages on our island look at her as a prodigy! It was only dad who seemed to be happy for me since I love Quidditch! I heard that he was about to fight against a powerful wizard and there's a chance that he may not come back to us! I'm worried for the only person who can see right through me!"

"Remember to be happy about your achievements, son!" Lily took him around her arms and cried with him. "James... James... Your father will come back, okay?"

"He would?" Harry asked her while he began to dry his tears. "Dad will go home, right?"

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my fanfiction! I know that it's been a long time since I added a new chapter for this but I still hope that the silent readers will choose to at least leave a comment

A/n: Thank you to all of the people reading my fanfiction! I know that it's been a long time since I added a new chapter for this but I still hope that the silent readers will choose to at least leave a comment. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think! I love reading feedback! 

 Don't be afraid to tell me what you think! I love reading feedback!