At present, Gauri stood by the window of her room, thinking about her life. Dandi had informed her that everything was set and waiting for her last move. She was also informed by her secret frenemy, the person she called 'X', none other than Swetlana, that she had her contacts into the media who would help them expose Tej. Gauri had known that her full name was Swetlana Shah - late. Raghav Shah's only daughter, who was killed in the fire that broke out in Kalyani Mills; a fire that Tej Singh Oberoi was responsible for starting, for mere greed of money that would pour in through the fire insurance claims.

Swetlana however was still under the impression that she was the one who had blackmailed Gauri over the MMS clipping of herself and Tej, and had manipulated her into bringing her proofs against Tej in return for that MMS in order to save the Oberoi Family from humiliation. "It's a two-way street, Chul-bul, urf, Gau-ri. Ek haath se lo, ek haath se do," she'd initially told her. Swetlana had been overconfident that Gauri would readily agree to help her. After all, when she was disguised as chulbul, she had been ready to even die for the sake of Omkara. This would just be another opportunity for Gauri to carry out another selfless deed of saving the Oberoi family.

Swetlana had assumed Gauri was helping her out of emotions and sentiments, just the way 'naïve' Gauri had told her in a long speech. "Hum samajh sakte hain ke bina Bauji ki jindagi gujaarna kitna musqil hai. Hum jaante hain, Sultana ji, ke aapne jo kuch bhi kiya, apne Bauji ke liye kiya. Hamare pati Omkara ji ki tarah hum bhi sachchai ki taaqat mein viswaas rakhte hain. Isiliye, sirf aapke Bauji ke khaatir, hum aapki madad karenge, aur unki aatma ko Insaaf dilaane ki kosis mein aapka saath denge. Badle mein, aap hamare parivaar ko phir kabhi bhi paresaan nahi karenge, khaas karke Maaji ko. Unhone bhi bohot kuch saha hai Papa ji ki wajah se, tumhare wajah se. Toh jis din aapka maqsath poora hoga, jis din aapke Bauji ko Insaaf milega, uss din aap iss Parivar se, iss ghar se hamesa ke liye door chali jaogi."

Translation: "I understand how hard it is to live without a Dad. I know, Sultana, you did whatever you had to, for the sake of your father. Just like my husband Omkara ji, I too believe in the power of truth. That is why, just for the sake of your Dad, I will help you and be by your side so that his soul can get justice. In return, you will never ever trouble our family, especially Maaji, again. She's suffered a lot because of Papa ji and you. The day you achieve your goal, the day your Father gets justice, that same day you will go far away from his family and his house."

Swetlana had believed her, assuming that Gauri was still the naïve, uneducated village girl, who fell easily for tears, emotions and drama. She had agreed to hand over that MMS clipping to Gauri, with which she was blackmailing Tej, in return for solid proof that showed Tej had started the Kalyani mills fire which killed her father Raghav Shah.

Swetlana however was unaware till date that Gauri had her own selfish motives in helping her. For Gauri, it was a win-win situation wherein her goal would be reached quicker if she had a helper by her side. And in reality there was no scope for any sort of manipulation or blackmail from Swetlana's side because Gauri kept her cards close to her chest, refusing anyone to even get a hint that she was the bluff-master behind this entire game.

Swetlana had revealed to her that Tej and Janhvi would be leaving to Pune this morning for a dear friend's wedding, and Gauri knew this would be the best chance to complete her final move. As soon as she saw Tej and Janhvi leaving, Gauri made sure that Daadi and Bua Maa were watching Mahabharat in the TV room and wouldn't move away anytime soon. There was a momentary pang of guilt in her heart when she saw the two older women's peaceful smiles, realizing that she was going to rob their smiles soon.

Gauri was still standing by the door when she heard the scene playing on the TV - that of Lord Krishna telling Arjuna to arise with a brave heart and push forward to destroy the enemy. "Considering your duty as a warrior, you should not waver. Indeed, for a warrior, there is no better engagement than fighting for upholding of righteousness. If, however, you refuse to fight this righteous war, abandoning your social duty and reputation, you will certainly incur sin. People will speak of you as a coward and a deserter. For a respectable person, infamy is worse than death. Your enemies will defame and humiliate you with unkind words, disparaging your might. Alas, what could be more painful than that? If you fight, you will either be slain on the battlefield and go to the celestial abodes, or you will gain victory and enjoy the kingdom on earth. Therefore, arise with determination and be prepared to fight."