7.

The next morning, Omkara walked into the room to see Gauri leaning into the cupboard and trying to stand on her tiptoes to reach a fresh bath towel. Was she always this short, he thought to himself, as he watched her struggling to pull the towel placed on the top-most shelf. It was then he noticed that she flinched in pain. The wound from the bullet on her leg was still fresh and the stupid woman was exerting pressure on it instead of just calling out to one of the many maids in the Mansion to help her out with it.

Gauri was surprised when she felt a presence behind her and before she could turn around, she noticed his hand right next to hers, as if he was trying to hold her outstretched one. Her ankle had begun to throb with pain, but she desperately wanted to have a shower before she began her morning pooja. "Hum kar lenge," she whispered slightly tilting her chin towards him without fully turning to face him. He offered utter silence as a response but retrieved the towel for her.

Without moving away, he held it out to her. Gauri turned slowly to face him and instantly their eyes met. Without tearing her gaze away, she reached for the towel that was in his hand, but her fingers accidentally grazed the skin at his wrist. She thought she had imagined him suck a sharp breath at that touch - a static that she too had felt. Her gaze had suddenly zoomed in at the pulse on the base of his neck, and somehow that brought back a vivid memory from the past.

Omkara hissed as he felt her lips on his neck, as she placed kisses right from his jaw till the base of his throat. The moment her lips brushed against the hollow of his neck, he'd felt her teeth gently scrape against his skin, and had moaned. She had seemed to understand how that turned him on and had repeated that action. His hands that were on her naked waist had moved over her derriere and he'd shifted ever so slowly that she'd felt his hardness brush against her inner thigh. Unable to control her desire, she'd tugged his skin gently with her teeth on his neck, and had giggled when he'd twitched between her legs. He'd felt her teasing grin and had grabbed a handful of her hair to pull her head away to look at her face. She'd looked high on desire and lust for him, just as he was for her. He'd pulled her head down and slammed his mouth against hers, simultaneously pushing his pelvis into hers, making her all the more aware of how hard she'd made him for her as his shaft brushed against her soaking folds intimately.

Gauri inaudibly gasped and parted her lips at the erotic memory of their only encounter in bed. She looked away from his piercing stare, unable to meet his gaze. Her face had turned pink and her throat was parched. Her fingers trembled as she took the towel from him. "Hum nahaane jaa rahe hain," she mentioned in an expectedly husky voice. Only a moment later, her mind chastised her for announcing it that way to him, making it sound like she wanted to invite him into a shower.

Omkara nodded, his mind getting stuck at the image his brain had conjured up of a very naked and a very wet Gauri soaping herself in the bathroom. Oh, he knew how she looked like under those baggy salwars and kurtis she wore, concealing the shape of her body. It's better she wore those baggy and unflattering clothes, his mind mentioned, because he didn't want any other man to possess the knowledge that only he was privy to. Then again, he questioned himself for having such unwanted thoughts. Perhaps he sounded too possessive only because she was the mother of his unborn child? Yeah, you keep telling THAT to yourself, his inner voice mocked him.

Omkara was forced to draw himself out of those thoughts, wondering what had changed over the last couple of days that he had begun to see Gauri in a different light. He still detested her over the possibility of being a home-wrecker and a gold-digger. But he started questioning himself by calling it a 'possibility' and not a 'fact'. As he watched the bathroom door close, Omkara looked at his wrist where her fingers had touched him just a few seconds ago. Running his own fingers at his wrist, he spoke to himself, "Why are you so difficult to understand, Gauri. The harder I try to unravel the truths about you, the more I find myself to be lost. Aisa kya hai tumhare baare mein, jo mere aankhon ke saamne hote hue bhi main nahi dekh paa raha hoon?"