"You hurt me, Brae. You could have tried to collect the proofs that Ryan and Bri did but you let everything be on its own.It's so fucking painful to think that you didn't fight for our love." His words cut right through my heart. I felt responsible for all this, remorse that I failed in this relationship, I couldn't live up to his expectations.

"I am sorry." I whispered, big fat tears rolling down my cheeks. He brought his hand up and wiped my tears. We stood there for some minutes in absolute silence, our breaths the only faint sound in there

"My driver will drop you back." He said, pulling away. I quickly held his hand, not allowing him to move away.

"We are talking, aren't we?" I asked. He sighed and peeled my hand off his.

"I have nothing more to listen or say. I thought— I need some time. Some alone time to myself." He stated but his voice held that silent pleading. He left the washroom leaving me to be tormented by guilt. I bit my lip to stop the sob from escaping my mouth.

………………..

"Brae drink the water." Bri said, handing me a glass of water. I put the glass down and massaged my forehead to soothe the throbbing in my head. Sighing, she sat down beside me. Taking my hand in hers, she drew soothing circles on the backside with her fingers.

"So what are you going to do now?" Her words sounded measured, like she didn't want to force me into thinking anything.

"He has to forgive me. I will convince him to." I spoke with determination, causing her eyes to light up with happiness.

"That's what I wanted to hear." Bri smiled widely at me.

" I won't give up this time." Tears were blinding my vision while I shook my head.

" You won't." She followed my action , her eyes moistening as well as she confirmed my statement. She hugged me tightly and I sighed into that embrace.

………………

Evan's POV

"So is this ending here ? You seriously want nothing to do with Brae anymore?" His eyes held shock and accusation.

"Ryan-" His over-excited ass cut me off.

"No I don't understand, when you didn't even know the reason, you wanted to be with her and now you don't even want to give this relationship a chance ? I gave so much effort to see you guys together and now it won't happen. It's so unfair." He actually stomped his foot on the floor like a child. If I wasn't stressed already, I would have laughed at his antics.

"Will you let me speak already?" I asked tiredly. He shut up but looked away huffing like an angry kid.

"I am not ending anything." This seemed to catch his interest as his head immediately snapped towards me.

"What do you mean ? You're not moving on from her ? So this wasn't a closure ?" He threw all the questions together at me.

"I never said it was . Moreover if I could have moved on from her , wouldn't I already have in the last three years ? " It was true. I knew that I could never get over her.

"Then what is it ? A break from a relationship minus relationship?" I rolled my eyes at his confused face.

"I need some time to clear my mind. This hurt , this has to fade before we get into anything." I needed some time to myself. Holding grudges we couldn't have been in a peaceful relationship.

"I understand ." He gave me a small smile.

Excited for upcoming chapters? Check out my Instagram handle ⬇️