7

Y/N's POV

It's been a few days since the party and I've been a little busy. Dad told me that he would want me to take on stark industries later so I've been with him most of the time learning more about it.

I always ended up exhausted at the end of the day and immediately drifted off to sleep but that didn't help with the nightmares. Normally I just go to the kitchen to find bucky, when I wake up from them but lately I've just been in my bed researching stuff. It's been a while since we had our midnight talks so I decided maybe I should talk to him, clear my mind a bit and so I head out to the kitchen, grinning when I find him there.

Bucky: "Someone finally decided to show up after ghosting me for days"

Y/N: "what's that supposed to mean"

Bucky: "You've been ignoring me ever since the party"

Y/N: "I'm sorry, I was a little busy"

Bucky: "Oh I thought you remembered what happened"

Y/N: "what happened when?"

Bucky: "Do u remember anything after u passed out at the elevators"

Y/N: "I do remember passing out but nothing after that, why what happened?"

Bucky: "Don't worry nothing bad, I just took you to bed, you changed your own clothes, put your pants on backward and went to sleep"

Y/N: "...And?"

Bucky: "U told me to stay for a while but that's not what I'm talking about. You started crying in your sleep"

Y/N: "Oh" I don't want him to know more, I did tell him the nightmares have calmed a little and they had but then they're back and are way more intense. It's like living what happened at hydra all over again.

Bucky: "Is that all you gotta say. Y/n does this happen every day, it's your nightmares isn't it?"

Y/N: "I was drunk bucky so maybe that's why I don't know, ok"

Bucky: "How has that got to do with anything"

Y/N: "Just leave it, I can't remember so how am I supposed to explain" 

Bucky: "Fine," He says finally even though I know he isn't convinced but doesn't want to push it "Also why do we meet in the kitchen all the time, our rooms are literally next to each other" Lightning it up a little, I see.

Y/N: "Well, we both can be obnoxiously loud at times, and considering other's rooms are right below us, we wouldn't want to disturb their sleep. The kitchen on the other hand is a little far away so.."

Bucky: "makes sense" "Also you said you were busy, with what exactly"

Y/N: "Right! I forgot to tell you, dad wants me to take over stark industries so I'm with him most of the time, learning, managing, and all that"

Bucky: "Oh, that's great" 

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm also looking forward to the whole joining the avengers' thing even though I want to give it some time"

Bucky: "I'm looking forward to it too, it'll be great, we can work together"

Y/N: "Definitely, I would like it if we were partners as well"

Bucky: "I would be delighted If the others allow though"

Y/N: "yeah that too"

We talk around for a while until we realize it's getting late and we should head back to our beds and try to sleep. Time passes too quickly when I'm with him and I love talking to him, he might not know it but it's really relaxing, especially after a long day. He reminds me a lot of luke sometimes. Thinking about him makes my heart heavy and I remember I have to go meet his mom tomorrow.