ch 5

weeks have passed as olivia and mark seemed to have been getting closer to each other. they videocalled each other everyday, played games together and connected. she felt content. content with where her life was going, with everyone around her, she felt like her life was complete. furthermore, she was excited today. the guy who was basically her brother if we're honest, was coming to visit her. she was preparing to head to the airport as her phone rang. she accepted it as a loud voice erupted from the other end of the line.
"HYE! WAIT YOU LOOK SO GOOD OH MY GOD!"
"KAYLA. WHY ARE WE SHOUTING AGAIN?"
"NOTHING! JOHNNY'S COMING TODAY RIGHT?"
"NO WAY YOU STILL LIKE JOHNNY? NO WAY. I'M GOING TO TELL ON YOU."
"WAIT NO NO HYE NO" olivia chuckled. she was just joking of course but she knew that her friend had liked her "brother" for as long as they've known each other. olivia couldn't blame her though, at least she liked a good guy and not some asshole from los angeles. johnny suh. he is like an older brother to olivia. he has been there for her since they were children. when they were younger, he took care of her because her parents couldn't. her parents were never present for her in her life and never once did she feel loved like she hoped she could. maybe that's why she was such a hopeless romantic, because she lacked so much love as a child and all she could long for was receiving it one day.
"HELLOOO HYE? are you listening?" olivia snapped out of her thoughts as she nodded, grinning sheepishly.
"so as i was saying, what are you wearing to the airport?"
"really? that's what you wanted to ask? come on...." she laughed.
"hey not funny! you don't have a clue don't you? come on let me dress you!"
olivia raised an eyebrow, "trying to impress my brother?"
"NO WAIT IT'S NOT LIKE THAT hye i love you i swear." kayla begged from the other end of the screen.
"yeah i know i know, let's see what you've got!" olivia smiled as she opened up her closet for kayla to choose her outfit from.
after almost an hour, they were done. olivia was pretty satisfied if she was being honest.
"you have to post on instagram today you look so so so good oh my god"
"and tag you? yeah noted" she said as she winked. kayla waved her hands around as she turned pink.
"hey stop this! what about your little boyfriend huh?" kayla wiggled her eyebrows at olivia.
"huh? oh you mean mark?"
"YOU JUST ADMITTED HE'S YOUR BOYFRIEND???"
"NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT WHAT"
"YOU LIKE HIM"
"NO I DON'T"
"YOU DO END OF STORY."
"SHUT UP" olivia blushed all shades of red. she couldn't hide the fact she did like mark and she secretly wondered if he did too.
"you have to post today. he's definitely gonna go crazy after seeing your pictures"
"hey hey just because i like him doesn't mean he likes me, i mean he could just be nice you know?"
"SEE YOU LIKE HIM thank you for admitting it olivia yoo hyerin. you have just changed the world."
"oh my god" they both giggled. olivia loved her friend and was so thankful to have her by her side.
"okay let's get you going! remember, instagram!" olivia laughed and mumbled a bye before ending the call.
she decided to let johnny know that she was coming and stepped out the door.
olivia: HEY BIG MAN
olivia: i'll be there in a while
olivia: see u