Fourteen ☻

|| NARRATOR ||

"Breaking news, the infamous note killer of the smalltown Gimsan has been identified by the police three days ago. The Note Killer is a young girl of the age of 19, which has shocked the entire nation of South Korea. She has been last identified as Lee Narae and was last seen wearing a pink dress and pigtails with black hair and eyes. Here is a sketch of her face-"

Narae quickly grabs the TV remote, turning off the screen but not without the duo both getting a look at the sketch that was submitted. Needless to say, it looked pretty much like her. Weirdly similar to her.

"We're screwed." Jaemin sighs, biting down his tongue in annoyance. He was having lots of fun hanging out with Narae, it would be a bummer if she got caught, or had to abruptly run away from him and everyone. Her being around was the only thing keeping him alive.

"Not entirely." She says. Jaemin perks up. "It was smart that I changed a little bit of my appearance. My nose isn't that thin, and my lips are fuller than what was shown in the drawing. If we keep our heads down low, we won't be able to stand out from everyone else."

"The whole towns on edge, Narae. Some are still in disbelief that you from all people managed to become a serial killer. Keeping your head down low is what's going to get us caught." Jaemin says, frustrated.

Narae turns her head to the side, sucking in her cheeks as she thinks of a solution to their dilemma. A light bulb lights up on top of her head as her grim face turns into a grin. "Jaemin, have you ever heard of something called hair dye?"

Jaemin scoffs. "You? Dyed hair? Wouldn't that make you stand out more? And, you're like the last person to ever dye their hair..." Jaemin's words trail as he finally understands her point. He smiles as well. "Shit, you're a genius. No one would expect you to have dyed hair, so if you did no one would even look twice. This town is small and the majority of the citizens have seen you around because of your family's importance in this municipality. They know that you would never."

"You're right, I am a genius." Narae lets a larger smile appear on her face. Jaemin looks at her stunned, as he had never seen her smile before unless she was being a down-right psychopath. But he loved her smile, so much. So much that he felt an array of butterflies erupt in her stomach as her eyes meet his.

But her smile quickly disappeared when she saw his face. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm someone with alexithymia and has never smiled before. It's making me... Insecure." She winces when the last word comes out of her mouth. She was never one to admit her self-doubts out loud, keeping most of them to herself, as she did with most things. But sometimes when she looked at Jaemin she could slightly envision a world where he knew all of her dirty little secrets, the good and the bad. And they knew each other as well as they knew themselves.

Jaemin's face softens as he walks toward her body, towering over her while still keeping his distance from physically touching her. "Narae, the reason why I looked at you like that was that I was shocked that you had such a beautiful smile. Seriously, your smile is so pretty that we don't need sun, because we would have you instead. Y-You're gorgeous, you shouldn't be insecure."

Their faces were inches apart and she slowly but indefinitely reaches in for his hand that was leaning on the table. His hands were warm, opposite to hers and she felt a rush of adrenaline running through her spine at the touch. Her eyes trail upwards to his lips, the oh-so-perfect shape and colour that reminded her of the tulip field she would go at when she was younger. There was a certain tulip that wasn't bright like the others, nor white like milk. It was a darker pink with the slightest shades of orange and they were so enticing that she used to scream at anyone that came near the tulip in fear that they would step on it. They were too precious to get hurt.

Jaemin was the tulip. So alluring and enticing that it almost feels like a crime, but you can't help but just let yourself fall deeper and deeper. She didn't want to admit it, but she knew deep down that she really liked him. A lot more than she had liked any other person in this cruel world.

So when Jaemin leaned in to kiss her, she just let it happen.

The kiss wasn't perfect, as all he did was place his lips onto hers. She didn't move, she didn't want to. She wanted Jaemin to take control, to become dominant and rule every move of hers. At the same time, she just wanted to let herself kiss him for the rest of eternity. Her breathing was becoming intense and she couldn't even feel the air coming into her lungs.

She pulled away.

Her hands quickly pushed Jaemin off of her as she runs away to the bathroom, leaving Jaemin confused and covered in guilt. Shit shit shit. He curses in his head. Why did you do that? Follow her, you dumbass!

He quickly chases after her where she was standing in the bathroom, her breaths jagged as she fumbles around in the open drawers before grabbing out a sharp pair of scissors. Before either of them could comprehend the situation, she had already taken a large chunk of her hair and quickly chopped off her long luscious locks, letting them fall to the tiled floor flat.

Her eyes were focused as she quickly let the entirety of her hair cut all the way to the bottom of her neck, forming it into a messy and uneven cut that left both of them staring in awe at what had just occurred.

The scissors fall to the ground as she shakes off the access hair, turning slowly to face Jaemin's eyes. It didn't seem like she was planning on doing that either. Jaemin unconsciously lets himself reach in to touch her shortly cut curls. Her hair was unbelievably soft and he couldn't pull his hands away from her scalp. It smelled slightly like honey, the scent following into his nose and making him feel almost euphoric. Maybe it was just the shampoo, or it was just her presence that had Jaemin hooked, unable to pull away.

"W-What just happened...?" Jaemin asks confusingly in a quick breath. She shrugs freely, her lips tugging into a small grin as she fights back giggles, becoming almost innocent in the blink of an eye.

"I guess we both just made intricate decisions today."