Chapter 10(other people?)

Tw: mentioning of alcohol usage, swearing.

"The buildings are tall, short, medium any type of building there is."

"Haha no there isn't!" I smile look up at the man with horns like a goat.

"I promise you there is little man." He says to me in a soothing voice.

He puts his hand though the cage and pats my head then whips the string thing for the big looking dogs.

"What are those animals?" I ask.

"Oh those are called horses!" He smiles.

The man pops open a a green bottle then chugs some of it causing him to burp.

"What's that?" I ask him.

"Beer. Want some kid? Oh wait no you can't have it. Wait.. how old are you?" He asks me.

(Let's say in this au he is 14 (: )

"Uhh I think I'm 14?" I answer him.

"Hmm you can have a sip just not a lot." He says. Then he grabs a cup and pours the tiniest bit of beer in it.

"Here kid." He says turning around and handing me the cup with the drink in it.

"Thank you kind man!" I smile.

"But I do have a question."

"Hm what is it?" He asks me.

"Why did you put me in this cage it's not that comfortable." I ask while taking a sip of the drink called 'Beer'.

"Well kid because I'm taking you to my friends uhh hangout." He chuckled a bit when he said 'hangout'.

"We will be there in a bit so hang on kid it might be a bit uncomfortable for a while but it's not like your gonna be comfortable when you get to my friends hangout." He adds on.

"Huh? What do you mean I won't be comfortable when we get to your friends hangout?" I question.

"Well kid to be honest." He hesitates before saying what he's going to say. "To be honest not anyone like you when they are going to my friends hangout is completely comfortable."

Wait a minute.

No one who goes to his friends house is completely comfortable? Why not?

Then it hits me. His friends house is a kill shelter.

"Wait.. are you taking me to a kill shelter?" I ask. My lip quivers.

"Ohh! You found out? Damn you must be smart for someone like you!" He says.

Okay now he's not nice anymore.

"Okay so then your not a nice man anymore." I hiss at him.

"Oh look the little fox boy hissed at me waa waa. No look kid I'm not scared of you so you can hiss and growl all you want. Your going to die anyways." He snaps at me.

"Anyway kid what's your name." He says raising his voice a bit.

"I uh umm I think it's Fundy." I answer him stuttering a bit.

"Eh that name sounds weird."

"Well I bet it isn't any better then your." I snap back at him.

"Hey kid if you wanna pick a fight, pick on someone your own size cause there is no way im going to fight you." He answers while shrugging.

"Well what's your name?" I say back.

"Kid, the names Schlatt and I'm just doing this job for the money. I don't wanna kill you but I have to so I don't go poor." The man answers.

"That names dumb."

"Oh well kid it's better then 'Fundy'." He said my name with a weird voice.

"Why did you say my name like that?" I ask him.

"Because I wanted to. Now don't talk cause I'm going to put music on." He snaps.

"Oooh can you put on-." Before I could say the rest of the sentence he stops me.

"No we are not listening to your favourite song kid."

"Woah how did you know I was going to ask that?" I ask.

"I don't know I just guessed you were going to." He says.

"Eh fine I bet you have bad music taste." I mumble.

"Kid I heard that and you starting to make me made some shut up please.. no not please. Shut up alright?" He snaps.

He puts the radio on and of course my favourite song is on.

"OHHH! This is my favourite song!!!" I say happily.

(It's called George by Lowertown)

"Well kid you got what you wanted."

I start to sing the lyrics.

"Im running in circles
Im following my feet
Im running out of time
Im at the end of the line."

"You cant sing good." He says.

"Oh well I don't care." I says back.

"My hands are turning purple with the cold
This winter is harsh
But I will find some warmth."

"What you you do if I turned off the radio?" He asks.

"Still sing because I know all of the lyrics." I answer his question sounding like a smart ass.

"Low to the ground trying not to make a sound
I know it's not meant to be
Wisdom always has a price
It's never given for free.

I feel the way my spin curving
It's getting out of line
Stop telling me to thinking so much
It's all going to be fine."

"Blah blah blah kid please shut uppp." He whines.

All I say in answer is:

"Now your hairs falling onto the ground
Your fingers are old and worn out
The smoke in your lungs weighs you down
It's time to sleep now
This is what you've become
Out of breath
Out of time
Always there
In your mind
In your mind
In your mind."

He stops the carrier in a flower field in front of two people. "Please take this kid he's annoying me. Oh and keep the speaker."

He gets out and takes me out of the cage then give me the speaker put me on the ground then leaves.

"I'm scared for tomorrow
But I am getting taller by the day
I'm growing
I'm finding my way
Finding way..
Finding my way."

"Woah kids a singing machine." The tall man but shorter then the girl next to him says.

"Haha yeah he is a singing machine." She says.

"Low to the ground
Try not to make a sound
I know it's not meant to be
Wisdom always has a price
It's never given for free
For free
For free
For freeee."

"Hello!" I say happily to the man and woman.

"Hello young child! What's your name?" The man crouches down in front of me so he's my height.

"The names Fundy!" I say proudly.

"Ohh nice name! I'm Sapnap! And this is Minx." He says getting up and pointing to the tall pretty girl.

"Hello Minx and Sapnap then!" I say happily.

The woman smiles then pats my head. "Haha stupid little fox boy."

"Where are you guys going?" I ask the two.

"Well we were headed to the safe spot there is a couple of my friends there right now actually." The man says looking back at me then at the woman.

-

(Mmmmmm 1137 words 🤪🤪)