𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 » 𝘴.𝘤

Comincia dall'inizio

"All I care about is that her cut comes out of your share." JJ shrugged, pointing to John B.

"What is going on?" You asked once again.

John B let out a sigh. "Sarah's gonna help us. I know you guys aren't on the best terms right now but-"

"That didn't seem to stop you. You still invited her here." You interjected. "So is this.. are you two like a thing now?"

"No." They both answered in unison. "Look, Sarah and I are just friends. Okay? I mean I've been working at Tannyhill for a while now, and we get along great."

"You've been friends with her? You know what, that's almost betraying me just as much as she did! I already warned you about her. She's no good, John B. I don't know why you can't just believe me on this one."

"That's rich coming from you." Sarah debated.

"Then go back to your precious mansion if you're too good to be around me." You sneered. "No one, other than John B anyway, wants you here."

She scoffed, getting up despite John B's attempt to make her stay. "Fine. If that's how you feel, then I will. I'll talk to you later, guys." She told the rest of the pogues, making her way to her black Volvo.

"Y/n, what was that?" John B questioned.

"No, John B. You don't get to ask me anything. What the hell is wrong with you? Do you need your head examined? What are you thinking?" You lashed out.

"Maybe you're the problem, Y/n. You know I love you but damn— aren't you the one always talking about how holding grudges is ridiculous?"

"I don't hold any grudges. That doesn't mean I trust Sarah, though." You explained matter-of-factly. "And you know what else I say, John B? Once someone shows you who they are, believe them. I'll never trust her again."

"Come on, Y/n. I need you to be on board with this so we can work together." John B pleaded.

"I am on board!" You reiterated. "As long as Sarah jumps off. I'm not working with her."

"Whatever, Y/n. You're being dramatic."

"I'm reacting how anyone would if they had just been ambushed." You stated. "Nobody was gonna give me a heads up at the very least?"

"To be honest... that is pretty unfair." Pope added in your defense, to which you nodded in acknowledgment.

"I'm sorry for that, Y/n. But I knew you wouldn't have shown up if I told you in advance."

You sighed, plopping down on one of the patio chairs, closing your eyes in agony while letting your head rest on the wall behind you. "I would've rather you brought Rafe home."

-

From the uncomfortable surprise reunion at the Chateau, now you were sure that your position on where you stood with Sarah was crystal clear.

The next evening, your phone pinged with a text from Pope telling you to meet him at your dock when you received the message. So you did, sighing as you changed quickly and made your way down to the water.

"Good evening, Y/n/n."

"Hi, Pope. What's the urgency?"

"John B and JJ are stuck out on the marsh and need a tow." He clarified.

"So.. I'm here, why?"

"Uhh, mechanical." He cleared his throat to punctuate the statement. "We need you for mechanical. Kie's stuck at the Wreck tonight. Restaurant's too busy for her to take off right now."