𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 » 𝘳.𝘤

word count: 1.2k

request: washing the others body with rafe

a/n: no season two spoilers in this one!

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

There was no telling what Rafe might do without thinking. He was unpredictable, which was sometimes good and sometimes bad. His friendships with Topper and Kelce certainly didn't help that fact at all. His wild and occasionally dangerous antics led you to stop asking about them altogether, which worked in both of your favors. He wouldn't have to hear you scold him for his lack of safety measures and you wouldn't have to do any scolding.

Today, that silent agreement would end though. The call you received from Topper sent you into a frustrated but scared panic, as he informed you that Rafe was in the hospital with a broken arm. And of course you demanded answers to every one of your questions, only to find out that the boys thought it would be a good idea to spend the day at a skatepark. With no knowledge of how to skate, or even any safety protection on their bodies.

You cursed under your breath the whole way to the hospital. Only because Rafe was somewhat okay of course, or otherwise you just might've broke down. How could he be so dumb? If he were to try something new, at least be careful. But nope. Nothing could save him from the conversation ahead, his blue eyes softening with guilt as they fell on your stressed out appearance entering his hospital room.

"Rafe." You let out, wrapping your arms around his neck so his head could rest against your body. Although you wanted to be mad at him, you just couldn't. He wore a pained and tired look in his eyes that made your heart ache. "How are you feeling?" You asked through a light kiss to the top of his head.

"Not good. Waiting for the medicine to kick in." He mumbled, letting his eyes flutter closed at your warm embrace.

"I'm sorry, Rafey." You uttered, running your fingers through his hair gently.

"It's not your fault. I shouldn't have done it." He admitted.

You only hummed in agreement, leaning into a more comfortable position at the side of his bed. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

His pleading eyes snapped up to meet yours, a look that made you weak in the knees and that you could never resist. "You can kiss it better..." He suggested cheekily.

Through a playful eye roll, you bent down to kiss his wrist, the temporary cast making it hard to do so anywhere else. He wore a cheesy grin, tapping his cheek to indicate your job wasn't done. You giggled at him but complied.

"Thank you, my love. I'm all better now."

Soon enough, the doctor released him with the usual advice. Rest, take some pain medication if needed, come to your check up appointment in 6 weeks or so. Rafe sighed, saying his goodbyes to Topper and Kelce who waited for him in the waiting area. They didn't let him go before they wrote and drew a bunch of silly things on his cast.

'Rafe is a simp', Kelce wrote in a blue marker, Topper limiting it to a tiny dick drawing like he was in middle school. "That's enough." Rafe interrupted their snickers, moving away as sharply as he could.

"Get well soon, buddy." Topper told him, along with a pat on the shoulder. Unfortunately the wrong one, though, the distressed look on Rafe's face as well as his hitch of breath enough to give away he felt the friendly pat straight through his hurt arm.

"Bye, guys." You bid your farewell, taking Rafe's other hand in yours and leading him into the parking lot before his friends could do anymore damage.

-

Not even a whole day had passed before Rafe was bored out of his mind. He would rather watch paint dry than be stuck in this stupid cast for another second. To help with that, you set up to have lunch outside and take a walk through Figure 8 to give him a nice change of scenery; something to look at that wasn't his bedroom wall. He just wanted to get out and do something, but golf was certainly out of the picture.

You both were sprawled out on the chaise lounge of the couch, finishing the popcorn in the bowl as the end credits of a movie rolled. To your left was a lightly-snoring Wheezie, who was clearly bored with what you were watching.

"Are you tired?" Rafe asked you once you were back in his room.

"Not really. Are you?"

He shook his head no, attempting to somewhat stretch his shoulders back and relieve the tension in his muscles. "I think I'm gonna take a shower. I would invite you in but, I already know your answer." Rafe quipped, followed by an exaggerated sigh and frown on his face.

"You already have one broken arm, Rafe. It's like you're asking to break the other one." You debated. "But won't you need some help?"

His eyebrows wiggled suggestively. "I mean, if you insist, sweetheart."

"You know I don't mean it like that." You got up, retrieving clothes to change into afterwards for both you and Rafe. "Let me help you."

He did, figuring you are probably right and that it would be hard to shower by himself anyway. You found a plastic bag to put over his cast since it couldn't get wet, sliding it on his arm before turning the shower on.

Rafe yelped once the temperature of the water kicked in. "What the fuck? Are you trying to cook me, Y/n?"

"Oh, is that too hot for you?"

"Um, yes. It should be too hot for anyone. Why would you need water that hot?"

You shrugged with a relaxing smile, letting the hot water run through your hair and down your back, before turning the handle to something cooler.

"Finally. I won't get third-degree burns now." Rafe commented sarcastically, reaching for the bottle of soap.

"I'll do it." You proposed, lathering up a handful of the fresh smelling suds. Rafe hummed a hum of satisfaction at the way your hands massaged his shoulders, even if it was gently because of his injury. You worked with the same tender touch everywhere else on his body. So well in fact, Rafe nearly forgot about the discomfort in his arm.

Afterwards, for a finishing touch you gave him lotion too. Running your hands up and down his good arm, his chest, back, and abs was more for yourself than it was for him, but he didn't need to know.

"Enjoying yourself?" Rafe teased, eyebrow quirking inquisitively as he watched you practically salivate over him, your hands slowing down as you went over his pecs.

"Shut up." You objected, pushing him with no real force.

He snaked his good arm around you, making you both face the mirror of his bathroom. "I might need you to do that every night, baby. Felt good." Rafe muttered, face nuzzled into the crook of your neck as he kissed the skin.

"It's just some special treatment until you're healed, Rafey. I'm trying to be a good nurse."

He brought his head up, making eye contact with you as you looked at him over your shoulder. "Hm. Do you shower with all your patients?"

Leaning forward, your lips ghosted his as you decided to play whatever game he wanted to. "Nope. Just you."