𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 » 𝘫𝘣.𝘳

word count: 1.7k

request: "Take your clothes off for me." "At least take me out on a date first." "You are bleeding, you were STABBED—" With John b!!!?

warning(s): mentions of blood & stabbing but nothing too graphic!! there's fluff i promise

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

John B's treasure hunt may have seemed like a wild goose chase to some, but if anyone believed in him wholeheartedly it was you. You had basically grown up together, coming from similar homes and finding comfort in each other when things got rough. You knew one another in ways nobody else did or ever could, really, which is what made your friendship so special.

Some would not agree with the term friendship, and believed that the two of you would have a flirty and playful banter to mask your feelings for the other as long as it could go on. Tonight, John B would be exploring the hidden well of the Crain estate, where you all had come to the conclusion that the gold was being stored.

JJ and Pope would be making sure John B didn't totally free fall down the well to his death, while you and Kie were in charge of shutting off the electricity in the fuse box somewhere in the house. Being with Kie made the experience sound a lot less scary, but you were pretty adventurous as it was anyway, so it wasn't anything you couldn't handle.

You tuned out JJ's creepy stories of the Crain family and led the way inside the house, careful of any creaking floor boards. You even tried to keep your breathing quiet, despite your pounding heart as your ears peeled for any sounds at all. As you and Kie were trying to make an exit route, the strong tone of the grandfather clock went off.

Footsteps and the floor underneath them creaked slowly with the movement. You both pushed yourselves flush against the wall once a voice sounded. "Leon?" An old woman called out. Her footsteps appeared closer, now the whole silhouette of Mrs. Crain coming into view from the moonlight shining in through the glass window panes. You both flinched upon seeing her creepy face, breathing growing heavier. "Leon?" She squawked out again, nearing closer to you and Kie.

"Fuck it, run!" Kie urged, both of you bolting in the direction of what you thought was an exit. Dead end after dead end, the old woman following you through her rickety home. "Shit!" Kiara exclaimed, "It's locked." You both pointed your flashlights around in a hurry to find another escape. A downward spiral staircase was on the other side of the room, but you would have to cross Mrs. Crain first.

You both came to the conclusion that she was blind, using it to your advantage and attempting to sneak around her. Your loud footsteps and movement gave it away, though, and angered the woman as you both tried to get away. She got hold of a fire poker, dangerously swinging it around to catch either one of you. You both ducked and dodged across the room, opening the gate to the stairwell.

You nudged Kie to go first before she tried to drag you with her, while turning around the close the gate, the fire poker caught you right in your side. You gasped, followed by a bellow of pain at the metal impaling your body. Not enough to make you stop running for your life, thankfully, but enough you were sure to have drawn blood. You slammed the gate shut, charging down the stairs as fast as your legs could take you.

"Guys!" Kie shouted for the boys. "We gotta go, now! She's after us!" Luckily John B was already being reeled up by JJ and Pope, probably warned by hearing the ruckus from the house.

"Let's go." JJ told John B, gathering up the gear and following Pope to the Twinkie. The rest of you were all close behind, gunshots heard from behind you in the distance. As the group piled in, you all took a moment to catch your breath before JJ floored it to the Chateau. Except your breathing was one of the last to come to a slow, adrenaline still high but the pain of your injury now becoming more prominent.