𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘴 » 𝘫.𝘮

word count: 3.1k

warning(s): mentions of a car accident, blood & injuries

summary: in a time of need, jj comes to your rescue and ensures your safety, allowing him to make up for the past.

a/n: minor season two spoilers! just mentions of a new character + their occupation

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

Waves of adrenaline rushed through your body, having just come to an abrupt halt. The seatbelt restricted you like a cobra, the sharp impact forcing air out of your lungs in a quick exhale. The black of the dashboard disappeared as the airbags inflated in an instant, keeping you secure in your seat. It was only when your head hit back on the headrest that you were able to take a look around you.

Leaves and branches limited your view through the passenger's side window, or what was left of it. But the grey skies were visible from outside of the driver's side window. At least you weren't completely trapped, you told yourself, removing the keys from the ignition of your surely dented Range Rover.

With shaky hands and tingling legs, you got out of the car as safely as possible, taking one last look at the cracked windshield. You walked around the car once to inspect— it was off the side of the road and adjacent to the forest of trees spreading for miles.

Dried tears decorated your cheeks before they were washed away and coated with a fresh set. "Shit." You cursed under your breath at the set of circumstances.

Small cuts from glass littered your right arm, ones drawing blood that cascaded down your skin. Each step hurt to make, your legs feeling heavy as they fell numb all the way down to the tips of your toes. Not to mention the sharp pain shooting through one of your ankles with the slightest movement.

Your head spun with dizziness from the whiplash, sending flashes of nausea straight to your stomach. A ringing sound went off in your ears as you tried to focus on something else besides your physical ailments, now attempting to find another human being in a reasonable radius. After all, you were in the middle of nowhere, so cell reception wasn't really a thing.

If it wasn't for your body dragging you down, you would've ran for help. Anything to put your rampant nerves to bed. The two lane road seemed to stretch forever as you walked alongside the shoulder. Luckily there were no cars coming.

Somewhere along the winding path, the trees dispersed further away from one another as the sight of a small house came into view. The grass was unkempt along the gravel driveway, as a figure sat in a plastic lawn chair to the side, beer in hand. You squinted to make out who it was, but to no avail. Your senses weren't doing you many favors right now.

Whoever sat in the chair turned his head at the sound of sticks snapping under a set of footsteps, smirk pulling at his lips as he identified the culprit. "Well, look what the tide washed up. What brings you all the way out here, darling? Community service project?"

Fucking JJ. Of course he would be the first one you'd come across in this state. Not only were you not in the mood for games, but you weren't sure how much more walking you could handle. Your body still felt like it was on fire, bruises surely forming all over.

"Actually, no. Just trying to find another normal person around here so I better keep looking."

There wasn't much conviction behind your words. In fact, your tone was breathless. As you came closer he noticed your bruises and cuts, as well as your limping. One of your hands rested on your cramping back in an attempt to suppress the discomfort. His eyebrows moved into a furrow and he placed his beer on the ground beside him, quickly standing up and approaching you.