"Who said it's a game? Besides, everyone's already gone at least once."

"Look you prissy whore! We don't want your invitation to go pole dancing!" Allie suddenly screamed. On the inside, I was laughing like a maniac because that was the rumour now, and it wouldn't have been so bad but she let it slip.

"At least I have sex appeal," she said with a 'humph' as she walked away.

"What the fuck was that about?" I asked out loud.

"I heard she was trying to recruit pole dancers. If she has enough she can drop out of school and make a living like that. It's true, Sam told everyone that she invited her." Allie explained with a smirk of victory.

Wow was all I could think of. This is where a line is drawn, I'm too shy to yell like that, and Allie is just out there all the way,

"Anyway . . . " I tried to change the subject. "We have five minutes left and two more hours."

"I don't want to go to English I don't like numbers!" she whined.

"That's math doofus." I said before laughing with her.

After the confrontation with Chelsea, everything seemed to go by fast after that. We got most of our work done and after the final class, we decided to hit up the video store for some movies. Anything with supernaturals in it or anything funny was what we usually got.

Once we arrived at my house, Allie instantly screamed and dropped the movies. I looked at her and then screamed too. The step was walking around the house in his underwear, a bottle of Jack in one hand, a cigarette in the other. Seeing some thirty year old guy with hair all over him that he won't take care of, can be horrifying if you still have some innocence left.

"What the hell you two screamin' at?" he asked before he spat in the corner.

"Mom! Your drunk idiot is naked again!" I screamed before shoving Allie to the floor. He chugged whatever whiskey he had left before throwing it at us, and the glass cracking was what was the final straw.

"Henry!" came a angry voice.

I gave him a look at that said 'Ha!' and watched as he was scolded.

My mother and I looked the same, the same curly chocolate hair and the same hazel eyes, but our personalities were way different. I liked to keep things simple and down to Earth, she always wanted to come up with some crazy way to take care of problems but didn't because she could never get the supplies. We both knew she would only dabble in trying to invent something.

"You've been nothing but horrible to my kids! If you don't start being nice and trying to get along, I'll kick you ass to the curb!" she shrieked before looking at Allie and I. "Get up you two, come here."

We followed her into the kitchen and she took out a few sheets of paper, and a 9 millimeter gun with two more filled magazines. She looked at us grimly before noticing the knot on my head.

"I know how bad he's been lately, and I am going into work later. If he pulls anything, tries to hurt, or kill either of you, call the police. If he found out how to cut the cords," she slid the gun to me. "you know what to do."

"Are you serious?" Allie asked, reaching for the gun.

I slapped her hand. "He's supposed to be your second husband, you can't just give us a gun and tell us good luck."

"Honey, I know. I'm trying to make sure you have something to defend yourself with if he gets drunk or violent." she said, her gaze softening. Looking past her wrinkles and into her sad hazel eyes, I understood what she was trying to get across. Trying to have us go anywhere would be out of the questions because of money. "Let's keep this our secret."

"You don't say!" Allie almost yelled, making her face.

"You, catch." she said, pointing. She reached into her pocket and tossed her a pocket knife, the kind that looked like gardening clippers. "Don't tell me you don't know how to use it."

"Oh, my god. You actually have one of these." she said, eyes wide.

"I'm leaving forty bucks for you two, keep it in your pocket, give some to Henry." she said. "It's five, I need to go shower and take off." She hugged me and got me an ice pack from the fridge before taking off to bathe.

"Dude, you mom, is the best." Allie said after a long silence.

"Get up stairs before something else happens," I hissed. Out by the front door, Henry gave us the finger before started to pick up the broken glass.

Upstairs, Allie flopped on my bed and I almost forgot how much I hated my room. It was a soft pink color, and the only window was by me bed. I threw my back down and went to use my computer in the corner. I wanted to do some research, and Allie had claimed my t.v.

Hours, later I had nothing but old facts and myths about werewolves. Allie and I decided to start watching the movies we rented, and somewhere along the way, Allie fell asleep with her head buried under a blanket.

I didn't want to finish the movie, so turned off the tv, locked my door, and slowly began to remember the facts. Silver bullets don't kill werewolves, they aren't human under a curse, and they won't turn into vampires after they died. That Twilight shit is fake, werewolves are not shapeshifters, and they have thoughts and senses like a wolf. . . . .