"You are late, Kimaya", her mother-in-law spoke strictly as Kimaya tried to handle her veil which was covering half of her face. She wanted to cry out loudly. She touched their feet one after the other.

Even they were having the veil of their head but she was asked to cover her face when any elder male comes her way which was beyond her understanding.

"You don't have to cover your face now Kimaya. Nobody is here", Rajshri, her mother-in-law instructed her making her nod slowly. This drama of a very traditional bride was completely stupid according to her.

"You can make Kheer, right?", Rajshri asked as she nodded meekly looking down.

"Kimaya, you are now the respect of Ahlawat family. I want you to hold your head high. Respect can be seen in your eyes", Rajshri ordered making shivers run down her spine. Her mother-in-law's voice was enough to send shivers through anyone.

She nodded as she looked up at everybody who was giving her a little smile.

"It's your first time kitchen. Do the puja of the stove and then start cooking", Rajshri instructed and made her do the essentials as she was still new to these things.

"You don't have to make whole breakfast, just the Kheer. We have already done the preparation of the breakfast", Reema said with a graceful smile covering her beautiful face.

Kimaya started cooking only to be interrupted by her mother-in-law when she was adding the sugar and dry fruits. She felt it weird because the additions Rajshri told her to do were negligible according to her. Even if we don't add that much sugar, it would taste the same. She wondered completing the cooking at last.

She was asked to serve the same in front of everybody. She sighed before covering her face such that only half of it was visible.

After five minutes, the family members started coming to the dining table for the breakfast.

The thing which disturbed her the most was when Randhir took the place on the head table while his father sat on the right of him. She was still thinking when her mother-in-law asked her to take the only chair which was vacant. She was hesitant to take the seat to the left of Randhir.

She saw her mother motioning her to serve her husband. She had a frown on her face which was not visible to anyone because of the veil. The whole family was traditional yet weird.

She didn't want to think about these things and served him first. He waited till every lady in the household served their husbands and kids then started having his food. First taking a spoon filled with Kheer and tasting it with the same blank face.

Kimaya was anxious. She was waiting for the elders to say something when she found Rajshri passing a small smile to her making her feel comfortable. Nobody said anything as they continued having food silently.

She felt so disappointed when nobody said anything. It was like they didn't even care. She was standing in the kitchen with this heavy saree and nobody cared.

She finished her food quickly as Rajshri asked her to come into the sitting room near the kitchen.

Her mood was already spoiled after what they did but of course, she couldn't show it. She followed them as all the females of the house started talking about different things. They were talking about things she wasn't even part of which made her feel so out of the box when they heard the sound of glass breaking.

She found her mother-in-law going outside in hurry with the others following her leaving her alone. She was not knowing what to do so she chose to follow them.

"You call it a coffee", She heard the calm voice of her husband. She looked around to find him standing there alone which gave her the liberty to remove the veil covering her face.