47. The words

Author's pov 

"Mummy, " Hearing her daughter's voice  ,Mehak walked from the closet. She looked at the bed to see Aanshi sitting there with a story book in her hand.

"Yes beta." Mehak said with a smile and walked towards the bed. She took her seat beside her. 

Settling herself on Mehak's lap ,Aanshi said to her, " You pomised (promised) me that you would read me this stoly (story) today aftel (after) lunch. " Her lips formed into a cute pout.

Mehak kissed her pout with a smile and said ,"Mummy remembered that promise, bachcha (baby). Now come, I will read you the story. " 

Aanshi jumped on her lap with a squeal and kissed her cheeks, making Mehak smile.

Mehak laid her down on the bed . Taking the book in her hand ,she started to read the story for her. 

After completing the half part of the story, she turned her face towards Aanshi to see her sleeping peacefully, hugging Mehak's right hand near her chest. Mehak smiled ,kissed her forehead and covered her with the duvet.
She also laid down beside her, hugging her close to her chest.

It's been a week since the accident of Sameer happened. Unfortunately Sameer slipped into coma which affected everyone very badly especially Arthit and Sameer's mother. 

She is now staying with them in Rajvanshi mansion as Arthit has forced her because it will not be good to let her stay alone in this situation. 

The great thing which Arthit did was that he shifted Sameer in their house. The medical equipment and nurses are appointed for him. This made it easy for them to keep eyes on Sameer and to keep The media away from him.

Arthit's schedule has become busy than before as the maximum amount of works in his office is his responsibility now which includes Sameer's portion as well. 
So Mehak is keeping his food timing in check because sometimes he forgets to eat his food due to work pressure and tension. 

But no matter how busy his schedule is, he never misses spending time with his daughter and his wife. Everyday after his dinner, he spends time with them. 

Soon Mehak's smile wiped away as she remembered her meeting with Ankur which happened a week ago.

Flashback

"Ankur," A whisper came out of her lips.

"Hey Mehak, how are you?" Ankur asked as he stood in front of her.

Though Mehak didn't have an ounce of desire to talk to him, she decided to answer because of her humble nature.

"I am good.." she replied. 

"So how's your married life? I have heard you are married to Arthit. " He asked her. She tried to search for guilt in his eyes but couldn't find anything . 

"It's wonderful. By the way ,I don't think that you have any right to ask me any kind of personal question. So now please excuse me,  I have to go home. " Mehak replied sternly. 

"Why? Will your husband question you if you reach late? " He asked sarcastically. His tone was telling that he wanted to utter some rubbish against Arthit and Mehak understood that very well. 

"Listen he isn't narrow minded . He has trust in me." Mehak said and left immediately, ignoring his calls.

Flashback ends 

After that encounter, Ankur called her twice and sent her messages . But she blocked him on the third day itself.

She didn't want to keep any kind of contact with him after what he did on their wedding day.  In fact she didn't inform Arthit about it because he was already stressed about everything, so she didn't want to put more pressure on him.