15. Intuitions

Mehak's pov 

Two days have passed. Today we are going to resume our shoot. 

Nothing has changed in these two days. I am still talking with Ankur if it is necessary or related to our shoot..otherwise I am not talking with him about anything which is personal. Though he has tried to apologize and talk to me but I have avoided it everytime. Luckily nobody from our team smelled the tension between us.

"Good morning, Ma'am." My makeup artist greeted me as soon as I entered my vanity van. I nodded in response and sat down as she started to do my makeup.

After an hour I joined our team in the set as my makeup was done. There Vishal was getting ready in front of the camera to give his first shot. 

Let's see what this monkey does. 

"Ready ?" The director asked. Vishal nodded.

As soon as the director said action, Vishal started his act.

 As much as I agree that he behaves like a kid ,I can't deny the fact that in front of the camera he is the best...he acts maturely and surprisingly he did it correctly in a single take. In fact there was a scene when he somehow lost his flow of act,he took three retakes and made sure that the scene was perfect and flawless. 

We have a perfectionist on the set.

"Isn't he perfect?" I turned towards my right to see the director. 

"Yes…" I couldn't help but agree.

"I know…. He joined the theater when he was studying in his college and he has done dramas in theaters for 5 years. When he gave the audition for this web series, I had decided then and there that I am going to cast him… I think I made the right decision.  " He said. He looked quite satisfied and happy.

I smiled in return. We once again focused on Vishal. I was so busy watching and admiring his work that I didn't notice when Ankur came to the set and sat beside me.

When I felt a strong gaze on me ,I turned to see Ankur. He smiled at me which I returned but when he was about to tell me something, I turned to focus on Vishal,avoiding Ankur. I knew that he was disheartened but I didn't say anything. 

After Vishal completed his scenes, it was my part. I stood in front of the camera.

"Ready?" The director asked me. I nodded in agreement. 

"ROLL CAMERA...ACTION"

My shot started.
.
.
.
At around 4 pm I completed my scenes for the day. Luckily the director announced to pack up. 

As soon as the director announced to pack up ,I danced in joy as today I had decided to watch a drama in theatre which was going to happen in a nearby auditorium. 

I was going towards my vanity in a hurry when Ankur called me from behind. 

"Mehak," he called me and I turned around.

"Yes " I said to him.

"I am sorry Mehak,please forgive me." He said in guilt.

"Ankur...I am not angry with you. Don't ask for my forgiveness." I told him which was true.

"Then why are you behaving so professionally with me?" He asked me.

"So that you know the limit between us..Listen Ankur,I am doing all these so that you can control your feelings for me and the urge and madness of impressing me dies down. It is for your own good. Now please excuse me." I said and left from there. 

It hurts me to see his crestfallen face...although I ignore him and behave professionally with him,the truth which can't be erased is that he is still my friend. It hurts to see him like that.

"Trouble in paradise?" 
Hearing a voice in my ear, I jumped on my place. I turned to see Vishal standing beside me.

"God!!! You scared me and what did you mean by "trouble in paradise "?" I asked him.

"You and Ankur.." he said .

"We are just friends...we are not what you are thinking. " I said sternly.

He narrowed his eyes at me. I rolled my eyes. 

"That's why I think why there is no spark in between you two….now I am sure that the media was wrong…by the way why are you so angry at him?" He said with a smirk.

"Why are you so interested to know?" I asked him irritatedly. 

I hate it when some strangers poke their nose in my life.

"Curious to know….you don't need to be so arrogant about it." He said scowling.

I looked at him in surprise and shouted,"Arrogant!!! Seriously!!!" 

"I wanted to help you out...here you are shouting at me. That's why people say don't help a person if she isn't asking." He said irritatedly.

"Who asked your help? Who told you to be a masiha ( saviour )?" I said to him. 

To be very honest he was looking like a kid with his nose scrunched and narrowed eyes. 

"I knew it…. I knew it...we can never be friends. I was a stupid to help you. That day it was you to start a fight with me for the watch...today as well you started it." He said loudly.

This boy is mad...he knows that he was the first to start the fight that day...in fact today as well. It is such a waste of time to fight with him.

"Okay ,you won. Now will you excuse me? I have to go somewhere. " I said with a fake wide smile on my face.

"Then go...when did I stop you?" He said to me. I rolled my eyes at him.

He poked his tongue and left there.

"When will he grow up? " I said to myself . Shaking my head,I went towards my vanity van.
.
.
.

"Oh my God!! I am late." I said to myself as soon as I came out of the shower.  

The show was going to start from 6pm. It was already 5pm. 

Within 15 minutes I got ready. 

Taking the purse ,I locked the door.

I left the hotel to go to the auditorium.

But I didn't have any idea that in the future my life was going to change drastically and today evening was just the start.

How's the chapter?

Next update on Thursday.

Stay safe and healthy.

Please do Vote,Comment and Share.