51 - Bury Myself

Chapter 51 - Bury Myself

Angel's POV

"Draco!" I summoned, easing my body out of its stiff position.

"Yes, master?"

Taking full advantage of our bond, I transferred images and directions to his mind. "Go study the situation and find out what you can before you're caught, leave immediately when that happens."

"Caught?" His eyes looked a little wounded, thinking I lacked confidence in his ability.

I stepped off the bed, bones cracking and popping at the sudden movement slightly readjusting into a comfortable place. "You are my familiar and I know your abilities well but I don't know my enemy and I am by no means comfortable with that. I have a feeling, he will discover you and I want you to find out how. After you leave, I need you to investigate his background. Understood?"

I caressed the snake ring still embedded on my finger and peered at Draco. "Your wish is my command."

His tall body morphed to his original form, "Massster." With the final acknowledgment, his form disappeared from the room.

My nose crinkled softly at the strong odor emitting from my body. If I calculated the time correctly, it had only been two days since I was forced unconscious but the stench had my gut lurching.

Demangelina

Yeah?

I have no recollection of you bathing after you woke.

I wasn't exactly thinking of how we smelled, I just wanted to kill the bastard.

How did you not smell it?

I was the only one awake, I was using only my senses and we didn't smell that bad.

I stared silently at the demon across me in my conscious room. Abruptly, the door opened and Hunter stepped into the room, closing it quietly behind him.  I could almost see the dark clouds hanging over his bowed head as he took a seat.

Finally, he looked towards the bed and was a bit taken back seeing me staring at him. "How are you feeling?"

While his face retained the same stoic expression, the dark clouds dispersed and a light shone in his eyes. "Sore."

Energy returned to his supposedly tired built and he got from the chair. I couldn't help retreating at the sudden approach, "What are you doing?"

"I want to give you a massage."

"You know how to massage?" My brow arched in wonder.

A light tint of pink bloomed on his supple cheeks, his eyes varied from mine and out the window. He possessed the same stoic expression, it looked a bit funny when he blushed with that cold face. I cleared my throat in a successful attempt to bury my laugh.

"I thought it would come in handy if I got a mate, so I took a short course."

If? Is this man self-aware? He's the sweetest angel.

Demangelina coughed, I doubt he's the sweetest angel. It's just we're his mate so we get special treatment.

She turned her attention to my wolf running around energetically in the corner. Hey mutt, what's your name again?

My wolf came to a harsh stop and looked at her in astonishment. Excessively shocked, she didn't even care how Demangelina addressed her.

You did not seriously forget my name.