46- We get new toys

Chapter 46- We Get New Toys

Demangelina's POV

"Is that what you really let curl around your body all this time?!" I glanced at Hunter's face, this man was a bit odd.

"To be fair, it was Angel who did that and she didn't know exactly what he was." I grinned.

Hunter hummed looking pointedly at the snake that was now curled around my body and casually closed its hypnotic eyes.

"It's a meh, okay?" I left the ring and headed to the lake, the barrier was still there.

I will need time to break that, energy was something I lack right now and I'll need it if I'm going to get back the kids. Taking a deep breath, I concentrated on my surroundings until a meeting grabbed my attention.

Without delay I appeared in front of a mahogany door, I'm fairly surprised how easily it was to enter but didn't give it much thought. I entered the room unannounced and stunned silence appraised my unexpected appearance.

"You're not allowed in here." A familiar-looking lady stood abruptly, the disdain in her eyes received a raised brow from me.

"And why is that?"

"Only alphas and luna's are allowed in this meeting. I'm unaware how you get in but you need to escort yourself out, Ms. Demangelina." Her words were stern and held no room for discussion.

"I believe your topic of discussion concerns the abduction of my children, so I think I want to remain here." I curtly replied to the uptight woman before raising an eyebrow to the Moon Goddess at the head of the rectangular table. "Right, Moon Goddess?"

"It's fine, Marylynne." The Goddess gracefully raised her hand.

I flashed Marylynne a tight smile and pulled a chair opposite Selene. "You may commence."

The table remained deafening silent until Selene addressed an alpha to continue his report. "A trail has been caught connected to the disappearance of children across the species, however, the environment is difficult to survive in which led to the suspicion that it is a false trail or a trap."

"Where is it?"

The Alpha glanced at me before deciding to answer, "Whispering Woods, an unclaimed territory between us and the Elves."

I silently raised a questioning brow, "The Whispering Woods is where's battle between the Elves and wolves took place decades ago. However, due to unknown reasons, the fallen souls are trapped there and morphed into strange creatures. Over the decades, many were sent to scout the region but everyone failed to return."

"Strange creatures?" A young Alpha, who seems to be this Alpha's son, questioned.

"Their movements are as though of a spirit but they are dark and feed on the living."

I chuckled, the uptight woman was quick to show her dissatisfaction, "What do you find amusing, Ms. Demangelina?"

"Stop wearing out my name, Martha."

She faltered, "I never told you my name!"

"I could say the same to you."

"I changed that name before you were even born!"

"Before Angel was born perhaps."

"Who are you?!" She shouted, losing her composure.

"An old hag is not worthy of that knowledge," a warning growl emitted from the man seated beside her. "Anyways, what you speak of is known as a ghoul to be specific they are a lower form of ghouls with no intelligence and only know how to kill, feed and multiply."