32- Ruthless

Chapter 32- Ruthless

Angel's POV

The Grand Battles have changed since the alliance between most the species. Everyone had prepared themselves to see wolves fighting and trying to dominate the other and then later laugh together. Now magic and powers are involve it sure make thing more interesting but it leaves everyone on edge because they have no clue as what to prepare themselves for.

I stared at the ring occupied by Angelica and a woman, if I recall correctly she's a she-demon. Her aura was putting me on edge, like all demons, death cloaked it but there was power and deceit present in her aura.

"Fight!"

No one made a move, Angelica was a fighter that let her opponent move first to analyze their fighting style and defeat them effectively. The arena was as noisy as ever with screams of cheers.

Angelica narrowed her eyes and shook her head roughly. No words were said to insinuate that action, it was as if she was shaking something off. The she-demon stumble a step back before grinning.

"You're a strong one, I guess I have to do it the next way." Do what?

She charged at Angelica, striking a high kick with great speed. It seems she mainly fight with the feet but Angelica was deflecting them easily with her hands before striking. I don't think she like how her face was been messed up by Angelica if the growl was anything to go by.

A pair of bat like wings emerged from her back the similar color of her raven black hair cascading down her back with a short pair of horns on her forehead. Her dark brown eyes were fully engulfed in black spreading through the entirety of her eyes. Black veins started from her eyelids and lessen towards her cheeks, it looked like a pot of tar spilling over.

Despite the change she looked strikingly beautiful but with a more dark tone. Her chocolate brown skin completed the image perfectly. Suddenly small black lightning electrified between the two small horns building a small ball. It caught everyone a little off guard even Angelica.

She didn't waste the opportunity, her speed was even faster as she appeared before Angelic claiming her head. Her hand clammed down over her face and a black dust covered her before slowly dispersing.

I had to gripped the chair to keep myself anchored in, I definitely don't like that suspicious mist. She released Angelica and send a spinning kick to her side knocking her back few meters.

Her hands were still covered in the black cloud and the ball of energy her horns were generating seemed more static. She brought both her hands facing each other and black lightnings start to spark again before connecting and forming a black energy ball bigger than the one on her head.

"Let's see what are your fears. Wow you only have one, what an odd girl." She muttered, I'm seriously not liking this.

Angelica gasped, her eyes were dazed over and it was clear she was seeing something that we were not. I could feel my wolf stirring, physical damage was something I could control myself with because it can be healed in a second and well my pups aren't bothering by it but mental damage is a different case.

The mind is a complex and complicated thing but when it's broken it's broken, there is no way to heal it in a second and is something neither of us can stand for.

Angelica was on the ground when tears started to make itself present, her eyes were still dazed and her expression fixed of horror and terror. A fear that I have never seen on any of my pups face and had me standing.

Suddenly, arm cuffs emerged out the arm of the seat and clasped me down. They were thick and glowing yellow, I knew it wasn't an ordinary cuff.

"What the fuck?!" Angela growled trashing in her seat to get out. Angelo was also trying to get out of the cuffs.

"How did that happen?" Andy wondered looking at everyone's free hands and our bounded ones.

Of course they had these, the arena was infused with magic and not everyone will be able to control their other beings and the need to protect. A sob caught my attention, my chest ached seeing my baby like that and sure enough I was pushed to the back as my wolf took control.

"Your eyes turned blue." Andy cautiously stated, my wolf didn't spared him a glance.

With a growl she ripped our hands out the cuffs, leaping over Hunter to the stairs. I'm glad he didn't try to stop me but oddly my wolf stopped and looked at him. His delicious scent drift to my nose and his eyes widened staring at me. Another sob caught my wolf's ear and another growl sounded from our mouth.

She charged down the stairs to the railing guarding each floor. Leaping up over it, we were bounced back by the barrier. I had forgotten about it, it seems to work both ways. It had to have made my wolf lose control as I once again didn't feel her presence.

I stood back up, the ache of my back slowly fading. I slowly outstretched my arm until I touch the barrier, it felt like glass and shimmered blue under my touch before disappearing.

"It's futile, the barrier expels magic or powers and block your other beings." The silvery of the Moon Goddess informed beside me, people who had being watching me gasped.

"So it works against supernatural abilities?" I asked, glowering at the ground.

"Yes." I caught her answer before it was covered by a scream. I looked at Angelica, screaming and clutching her chest.

"What are you doing?" I didn't answer her, I don't give a shit if she's the Moon Goddess and that she build the barrier herself all I care about is my daughter suffering on the other side.

I punched the barrier, there was a crack before it fixed itself and disappeared again. Fine faster and harder then. Block your other being. It's futile. Don't make me laugh, I went most my life without my wolf interference or presence. I'll break this stupid barrier with my own strength.

I began pounding the wretched thing and cracks started travel along it's length. I wouldn't give it the time to fix itself and just continued my on slaughter, I could feel it ready to break with one more hit but sadly the Moon Goddess wouldn't just stand still and look pretty.

She restrained me, she had a grip stronger than she looks but then she's a Goddess what do you expect? Angelica growled, her face and eyes filled with so much hatred and anger. She take hold of her daggers beside her hip that Angelo had given her for her birthday.

"Bring them back!!" I stopped struggling at her outburst. This is the second time I've seen her so angry and emotional.

The she-demon looked surprised at her reaction, I guess she expected her to cower or something. Doesn't she know there is a fight-or-flight reaction to fear, Angelica happened to have a fight reaction.

I breathe out a sigh of relief, the Goddess released me. The she-demon was gonna regret it and she was going to die a painfully death now that she pissed her off. Out of the triplets Angelica is the scariest one to anger, the others will rip you apart but she was calculative, aiming for the painful spots and a slow kill.

In a minute, she was covered in blood and breathing heavily. She was trembling her body rocking with pain everywhere. Small deep cuts decorated her frame enough to hurt but not to kill.

"I su-su-" She started stuttering out but was stopped by Angelica slamming her chin up, blood flowed out her mouth indicating her tongue was bleeding.

Angelica pried her mouth open and cut out her tongue, demolishing the dream to surrender. My jaw dropped and the arena was filled with horrified expressions. What on Earth did she show her?!

Angelica was still under the whatever spell she put on her and couldn't see reality. "You mess with my family and I will make you suffer the pain of ten lives."

Oh that explains it, her one and only fear was losing us, her family. Like her siblings she is very very very protective and ruthless when it comes to us.

The she-demon couldn't take the pain but couldn't do a thing before Angelica ripped out her heart. It had never been so quiet before, everyone was horrified to silence. Her eyes came into focus and she looked at her victim and then examined the arena until her eyes landed on us.

"Oh it was a illusion, good." She didn't even look regretful, she just stepped over the body like it was garbage and walked out of the ring. Well damn!