“And by the way, if one behaves like a whore, they will be treated like that"

My hand raised automatically and hit his cheek. His face turned to his right by the force.

“You are an asshole. And now I understand why my sister ran away without telling you anything. She knows that you will never understand her.” I told him with hatred dripping in my voice.

I know it’s a low blow, but he deserved that. With that I took my clothes and went out of the room.

Next day I went to hospital without him and didn’t talk with him unless it is necessary for work. He too didn’t make any move to talk to me. It’s like before our marriage and perhaps much more formal than before.

I called his mom to tell that I will be staying in the hostel for the time-being since I have to write my thesis work and some journal work. She agreed. Once the shift ended, I went to the hostel.

Three days passed like this.

On the fourth day, when I was doing my thesis work Sid called me and asked me to open the door.

When I opened, he showed a cover and smiled, “I brought food"

I rolled my eyes and gave him side to enter the room. We both started eating without any words. He knows my moods perfectly unlike some devil. He know when I want to talk and when to not. He is like my soulmate.

“Arjun sent me", he told me silently testing the waters.

“Oh really? Why?” I asked him innocently not wanting to tell him what happened.

“See naan, I don’t know what happened between you two. Even he was hesitating to say anything to me and Karthik. Not to mention there is guilt dripping down from him. Did he tried to touch you?”

“What? Nooo. Ewww!!!” I exclaimed.

“He did much worse than that", I told him lowering my eyes.

“Did he hit you?”, Sid asked angrily.

“What? No. Where are you getting all these domestic violence thoughts?”, I asked him rolling my eyes.

“In fact, I slapped him.” I told Sid.

“What? You slapped him?”

“Yes. He deserved that.” I defended myself.

Sid raised his hands in surrender, “I know you Anu. If you say that  he deserved it,  then he deserved it. Period. But why?”

“I said some things. He said some things. There was name calling from both  sides" I shrugged.

“Tell me everything”, he demanded me.

And then I told him everything.

He let out a long sigh.

“You both are idiots. One idiot doesn’t know how to express himself. And another idiot doesn’t even realise what she feels.” He held his head.

“Can you please stop speaking in riddles and explain me?” I asked Sid.

“Anu, do you really think that he is angry because you defended him?”

“That’s what he said”, I told him.

“Can’t you see Anu, he likes you. He is upset that you defended him because you thought it as an obligation and not because liked him and didn’t want him to suffer. And what he said is right. If you guys are getting a divorce, what’s the point of defending him now when you will be leaving him later?”

I opened my mouth to counter but Sid beat me to it.

“But, that doesn’t justify him calling you a whore. You are right to slap him and I am sure he knows that too. He is a sensible person. And let me ask you a question. Do you like him? Like, really like him?”

“What?? Nooooo"

“Then why did you feel bad when they were saying things about him? If you wanted, you guys could have left the event but why go to such lengths to defend him? And don’t say you would have done that to everyone”

“I...he...he already faced so much humiliation because of Sharanya. I don’t want him to go through it again” I told him.

“Why?”

“I...”

“You and I both know that you started caring for him. Don’t realise it before it’s too late"

“What do you mean?” I asked him narrowing my eyes.

“You know exactly what I mean. You think about that while eating the remaining food, I have to go for rounds and I am thinking to change my major to psychology”, he told me.

“Why?”

“Apparently I am good at counselling couples. I should open a couple therapy clinic", he winked at me.

I rolled my eyes and threw my water bottle at him.

He catched it, and drank water from it.

“Thanks sweetheart. I was thirsty”, he gave his smile. God, he is irritating.

“Get out"

He left laughing.

***********

Hi, my devils,

Surpirse!

We reached #1 in generalfiction and #1 in doctors.

And also almost all our rankings are in below tewnty.

Thank you guys for the support. It is because of you all readers.

How is the update?

Let me know in the comments.
And don't forget to vote.

I know many of you want long chapters. I will try to increase the length of the chapters from now on.

Have a great day!