Chapter 10

Ananya Prasad

Sid and I are currently sitting in the cafeteria eating. I am telling him yesterday's events and he is laughing at my situation. Just then, the devil/Golu entered the cafeteria along with Karthik sir.

"Seriously, that guy, Golu?" Sid asked shaking his head.

"He is not looking Golu from any angle. I told you Golu might be Hottu now." He told triumphantly.

"Are you gay?" I questioned Sid throwing him a dirty look.

"No. I am in love with you, will you marry me?" he told me sarcastically.

"But seriously, I would love to hear Pinky, no, scratch that, cute Pinky from his mouth and then die. I can never imagine him being naughty" Sid said.

"Yeah.... I mean he is so uptight and downright scary. I wonder how Sharanya fell for him. They are very different. She is the life of every party and she literally lights up any conversation and the devil, he is an arrogant, egoistic person. Golu was a nice guy you know. He was never rude, yeah, he irritated me, but that was all playfulness and naughtiness. He never insulted me like the devil." I wondered.

"Anyways, after this academic year, Devil and Sharanya will be going to America for his fellowship, so I don't have to face him. By the time they come back, my residency will be completed and I will be working in another hospital." I told Sid.

"Why do you want to avoid him? Isn't it good to have the hospital owner as your brother-in-law?" Sid asked.

"Yeah. It would be good, but not if had stabbed your brother-in-law and if your sister hates you. I have to go for rounds. Let's go marriage shopping tomorrow."

After completing rounds, when I was on my way to make reports on today's cases, I got a message from the devil asking me to meet him at the terrace. This is the first time we are going to talk informally, I mean we always talk about work and go back to ignoring each other. No. I am not shocked. In fact, I was dreading this. After yesterday, I knew he would talk to me but never expected it to be this early. But, I can't guess what he will ask. I thought of replying that I am busy but didn't. If not today, he will speak with me some other day. So it is better to get it done as soon as possible.

I went to the terrace reluctantly. He was already there drinking coffee and leaning on the wall. God. It is going to be very awkward. Seeing me he straightened himself.

"What happened to the aneurysm patient?" he asked.

"He is stable sir," I replied.

"Good. The spinal cord tumor guy?" he asked again.

"He will be discharged by today sir," I replied.

Here comes the uncomfortable silence.

"Umm...coffee?" he held out another coffee cup and gave it to me.

Should I tell him that I don't drink coffee?

No. We don't want to make this difficult. Just take and complete the conversation ASAP Ananya.

"Thank you, sir," I took the coffee cup.

"So, how are you?" he asked.

Seriously dude. How are you? We are seeing each other almost every day for the past two years.

"Umm..", I don't know what to reply. Should I tell him I am good?

He laughed awkwardly and said, "Sorry, wrong question."

WOW.

Just WOW.

He laughed.

"Umm...Actually I was surprised seeing your photo in Sharanya's home yesterday and found out that you are Pi...uh...her sister." He explained.

Huh...I think he wanted to say Pinky but changed it last minute.

"Sharanya always tells me that you are in the USA studying. I didn't know that you guys were fighting." He told me.

And the best conversationalist award goes to.....

He made it more awkward.

I am not going to talk about sister problems with you. So next agenda?

When he understood that I am not going to reply he cleared his throat and told,

"The reason I wanted to talk is no one in the hospital knows that I am the successor to Care Hospitals. Just some board members know. I am also not telling anyone in the hospital or our department about my marriage because, if I tell them, I have to invite them. So, please don't tell anyone about this." He came back to his original self; no beating around the bushes.

Good.

"Yes, sir. And Sid already knows about it. He is a close family friend. His family will be attending all events." I replied.

"Sid?"

I scoffed mentally. As if you don't know who he is. You always see me with him.

"Siddharth Kumar from Pediatrics"

"Oh. Then tell him not to tell anyone." He replied

"I already informed him about the situation, sir. He won't tell anyone" I told him.

"Good. Okay then. Send me the spinal cord tumor case report and discharge summary." He told me and left.

Uff...

One less conversation to make.

********

Hi guys,

Another update.

Please do vote and comment.