Chapter 28

Ananya Prasad

It's been two days since the night our parents ordered us to move back. My parents are not lifting my calls. Srikanth told me that they are angry with me as my mom knows that this is all because of me. His mother too didn't call me. I don't have the guts to call her. With what face should I call her? And him. He too didn't call. I know I behaved too selfishly with him. I didn't even ask his opinion about divorce and took the decision by myself.

Only if Sid didn't tell my mom about the divorce, we wouldn't be in this deep mess. I stopped talking to him. He is trying to talk to me but I am avoiding him as I don't want to say things that hurt him.

Currently, I am in my hostel room and trying to pack for the third time in the last two months. My head is exploding. I want to apologize to Arjun sir but I am scared. That's when someone knocked on the door. I peeked through the window to find Sid. I didn't open it and went away from the window slowly not making a sound.

"NAAN, I know you are in there. Just open the door. Please. Talk to me"

I scoffed. He should have thought before ratting me out.

"Yaar... Anu...People are looking at me. Already most people suspect that we are in a relationship and if you don't open they might think that we are having a lover's spat now. Open the door now if you don't want any more rumors" he begged me.

I didn't do anything.

"Fine. Don't blame me now", he threatened me.

What is he planning to do?

Just then I heard his voice louder.

"ANU BABY, PLEASE, I MADE A MISTAKE. I AM SORRY DARLING. SWEETHEART-"

I opened the door and pulled him in before he makes things worse.

"What the hell are you doing Sid?" I started beating him.

"I – AH- told you – AH- not to- AHHHH- blame me"

I sat on my bed tiredly and glared at him. He laid down on the bed laughing.

"You should have opened when I asked nicely" he rebuked me.

"Don't you dare open your mouth" I snapped at him.

"Yaar... I said I am sorry. Your mother blackmailed me. I never knew that she is that headstrong. That lady comes at you like a bulldozer. I should commend you three for bearing with her. I would have run away if she were my mom. God. She is scary" he justified himself.

"Still. You are my best friend. You are supposed to have my back no matter what", I accused him.

"That's why I told your mom. I am your best friend and more. I am your family and I can't just sit and watch you wreck your life as well as Arjun's life for a selfish person. You will thank me one day"

"Arjun? When did you two become so close that you are on the first-name basis?"

"He is not a bad guy. He is just an awkward person. Once you get to know him, he is a great person" Sid shrugged and told me.

I huffed and continued my packing and Sid helped me.

"So?" he asked me after some time.

"So what?" I asked him.

"What did you decide?" he asked carefully.

"Did they leave us any choice? We are shifting to his home"

"Not about that. About divorce"

"I don't know. As of now, I am going with the flow. Let Sharanya come first. If I think any more than now, I have to be admitted to the mental hospital", I told him.

"Will you be okay staying in the same room with him?"

I let out a sigh and gave him a dirty look, "You should have thought about that before telling on me".

"Arey yaar, I said I am sorry and we made up. Why are you still hanging onto that?" he whined with a cute face.

"I never said we made up" I shrugged casually at him.

"And moreover, he is your husband. It is normal that you have to live with him. I am hungry. Is there anything to eat?"

"In the fridge" I pointed to the mini-fridge.

We spent the rest of the day packing and watching movies.

The next day morning I got a mail from our HOD Prof. Acharya that all the senior residents and chief residents will have a meeting with him.

Senior residency is for three years and the last year in which one will be a chief resident. Since we have to learn a different variety of cases, generally we will do a rotation of a specific period of time under the professors depending on the number of professors. Since our department has three professors, they decided that the senior residents will do a year and three months (for four years) long rotation under one professor as it will be convenient for everyone and students can learn everything without shifting around much.

And that will be decided today after the weekly department meeting. Each professor will pick chits of the senior residents randomly and they will rotate after sixteen months.

Another thing is in our department there are six PG seats that mean each professor will get two senior residents and they will be working under each chief resident for six months. As of now, Natasha mam and Arjun sir are under Prof. Acharya. So I just have to avoid Prof. Acharya for this year and Arjun sir's residency will be completed next year and he is going to America for his fellowship.

I don't want to have an awkward working environment as our work requires a lot of concentration and I don't want to walk on eggshells as it will affect my work.

I went to the meeting hoping that luck would be with me at least for once.

But it is not. Hussain and I are selected by Prof. Acharya.

Great!

Right now, Hussain and I along with Natasha mam and Arjun sir are on our way to Prof. Acharya's office to discuss our shifts for the next month as well as how things will be under him.

Since each professor has different patients and the professor cannot be in the hospital for 24 hours as they will be very busy with operations, OPs, seminars, classes, and many other things his corresponding senior and chief residents will be monitoring the patients. So, for one shift, there will be one chief resident, three senior residents (Each from one year), and the junior residents would be used by anyone depending on the situation.

So, can you understand my situation?

I will have to work with him very closely and also have to stay in the same room, in the same house with him.

That means I have to be with him 24/7.

Someone, please save me. Pretty please?

***************

Hi, my devils,

How are you all?

How is the update?

Sorry for the delay. I will try to update once a week regularly. 

From now on Ananya and Arjun will be living together. Are you excited?

Please do vote and comment. Pretty please?

Have a great day!!!