Chapter 1: Purity

It is the usual setting inside the guild hall of the famous Fairy Tail. A smell of beer here, few members fighting there, with a demon and a snake girl working as a barmaid. Yes, the usual setting indeed.

However, one noticeable difference is that a certain pair of mages are talking in an unusually low volume. The pair in question is from Team Natsu- without the man himself. That's because let's face it, it will always be noisy if the dragon slayer is around.

"My God, that idiot Natsu did it again! Thanks to him, I basically have no money to pay for rent now!" Lucy restrained much of her voice in irritation.

"Right. I mean, I could cause some property damage but flame-brain is just taking it way too far!" Gray added.

During their last quest, which was just some good old bandit hunting, they basically leveled an entire food market because the fight became a little bit too intense. However, the accusations they placed on him alone aren't justified because all the members are equally responsible for the destruction of the market.

"What if we'll just kick him out of the group? I mean, he's quite old enough to handle himself and I certainly don't need his 'help' with the jobs that we're doing."

"That's appealing and all but I don't think Erza would just kick him for a reason like that. I mean, she's pretty much content with the diminished quest reward as long as it can buy her a strawberry cheesecake."

"But still, we need to somehow remove him from the team!"

Natsu and Happy just took their own pace on going to the guild. Despite the previous job's less than desirable rewards, he didn't mind it unlike his teammates.

That's we he suddenly heard the voices of his teammates from behind the door of the guild. Being a dragon slayer, he clearly heard everything the two have discussed. Normally, his guildmates would just hurl insults at him as a means of playfully fooling around, and he also do it to them in return. But this time, it's different. He can clearly hear that he's not wanted.

He didn't expect that his teammates would feel like that towards him. The friend who he already considered as a brother and the girl whom he saved multiple times before are treating him as just a nuisance. He has yet to hear Erza's opinion but he's sure it's not that different from them.

Happy noticed his sudden frown on his face and confront him with it. "Natsu, what's wrong?"

He stammered a bit on the sudden inquiry of his partner. "N-nothing. Let's get us a quest inside." he said with a grin on his face, trying to ignore what he just heard.

"Yeah, I hope it's something related to fishes!"

"Well guess what? We're going to do just that, and only the two of us!" Natsu replied.

He know that this will be the perfect opportunity to distract himself from the group without anyone noticing what's going on. For all they know, this will be just some bonding time between the old time partners.

But for him, he's planning this setup to be permanent. It's not like he's angered by what he heard, it's just that he learned that their team will not work out if this continues. Plus it's an opportunity to be independent.

"Really! Woohoo! I can't wait to eat them all!"

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go get that quest!"

" Aye!"

He shrugged off the remaining gloom in his thoughts upon seeing his partner that is willing to be with him all the time. No matter how awful their job went, It's always Happy who'll bring him to high spirits.