"...I love you with allllll my heart, and when-"

"Shut it, you shitty girl!" I continued to struggle.

"...We are big kids at U.A. I promise to make you my girlfriend-"

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Everyone in the cafe stared in confusion.

She laughed and continued. "... And marry you and have little baby Bakugos with yo-"

The memory fades away.

'I never got to make good on my promise.'

My world is shattering. "Wake up, y/n-chan! Don't die on me!" I choke through my tears as I look at her lifeless body.

I place my ear against her chest ... there's a faint heartbeat. There's still a chance I can save her. I pick her up bridal style and run through the dormitory front doors.

"It's going to be ok, y/n. I'll fulfill my promise and everything's going to be ok." Jetting down the teachers hall, I cry out for Mr. Aizawa, All Might, Present Mic, anyone.

Aizawa steps out of his room to see me with an almost dead y/n, covered in blood, and me trembling. "Come inside, quickly." He steps to the side to make room for us. I do so and gently place y/n on his bed. "Call 911 and explain what happened. I'll call y/n's emergency contacts." He looks around for his desk phone.

"Her emergency contacts aren't going to pick up. Call my parents instead." I say and pull out my phone. Mr. Aizawa nods his head. I assume he must have a brief understanding of y/n's parent situation.

I check on her and her blood continues to spew out of her. I can't lose my best friend.

My fingers shake and tremor before I dial the call. "911, what's your emergency?" My phone speaks.

I hesitate before speaking. I clear my throat and sniffle up all my snot. "M-my best friend, she, um, jumped off of a building." It hurts just to say it.

"And where's your location?"

"U.A. High School."

"Alright, sweetie, help is being sent your way."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The operator continued to ask questions related to y/n's condition.

Eventually, an ambulance comes to get her. They allow me and Mr. Aizawa to ride along, too.

My parents are on their way to the hospital, as well. Once Mr. Aizwa called my parents I overheard my mother begin to sob. My father seemed out of it as if he couldn't believe it. I mean who would want to believe it?

As soon as we enter the ambulance, I hold onto y/n's hand. Her skin and lips were so pale. I couldn't help but cry all over again.

One of the EMTs tries telling me to let go, but Mr. Aizawa starts to yell at him. "He's a child, and his childhood best friend just jumped off a building! Can you imagine what's he's going through? What's going through his mind? He's not doing anything to obstruct your work. All he's simply doing is holding her damn hand!" The EMT stays quiet. I didn't expect him to become so protective over me.

The longer the ride continues the more y/n's pulse drops. The EMT looks at me to let go and I simply comply. I don't want to get in the way of saving y/n.

They rush and panic to pick up her heartbeat. Sadly, y/n's heartbeat goes flat.

I let out a pain shrieking cry and feel even more tears stream down my face. That's it. She's gone. I've officially lost my best friend and the love of my life.

Mr. Aizawa buries my face into his shoulder and tries comforting me. Usually, I wouldn't accept this type of affection, but I needed this.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The school allowed me to take a month's leave for grievance. Currently, I'm in my door room taking anything that I'll need for the next month. I have Phantom in his crate and his kitty necessitates in my parent's car already. They're parked outside of U.A. waiting for me to finish up.

I was starting to pack a few clothing articles in a suitcase when I notice a strange journal and Mr. Sweet face on my desk.

'Did she leave this for me?'

I sit at my desk chair, place the bear in my lap, and flip through the book. This is y/n's handwriting. I read through the whole journal and relive all of our memories from the past month. A tear trails down my face as I reach the last page.

'She's had been planning this for a whole month, and I didn't realize? I'm a fucking idiot!'

I throw the journal across my room and consider blowing it up— I stop myself. This is the last thing she gave me.

'You said in "another life", but why couldn't it be this life? Why couldn't I be yours in this life?'

I grab the journal and hold Mr. Sweet face close to me. Her scent still lingers on the bear. I whisper, "I love you, y/n. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you like the hero I'm supposed to be."

__

A/N:

if you guys are not okay and feel suicidal please call or text 988. please talk to a trust friend or adult. please do not give up on life. you are so beautiful and deserve to live a long healthy life full of happiness. i love you and you are loved.