"I'm sorry for early, I didn't mean to disrupt your training."

He still said nothing, Even after he had gotten up. Now staring down at Katherina.

After a few moments, she walked back down the stairs. Ignoring the awkward tension that roamed in the air after she left.

Katherina didn't waste any time entering her room. Before slipping into a nightgown, she washed her body with hot water, attempting to scrub herself free of the emotion that was eating her up.

Navy blue was the gown color.

Katherina tucked herself into the warm covers of her bed, hoping that the memories of the past would fade. But it didn't work.

For the past was as cold as she was.

Katherina then squeezed her eyes shut, hoping that sleep would suck her in and drown her into unconsciousness.

However, once she had calmed down, her dreams tried to torment her.

It was difficult to forget someone who had given you so much to remember...

***

"ZIV!" Katherina screamed as she ran up to her friend.

The world seemed to stop for a moment. All the sound that Katherina used to hear- The birds chip, the noise of leaves rubbing against each other... All that seemed to fade away.

Now the sound of her dying friend's heartbeat was the only thing Katherina could hear. Deep inhales could be heard as they fought to get breath into their lungs.

Tears fell on their face which a moment ago was hot with life now was cold and deathly

The Winter court's snow was stained with ash and blood. For an explosion occurred in a small restaurant.

Katherina's stained face was then softly touched by a gentle hand.

"Kath-"

When Katherina looked up, her gaze was locked to Ziv, who kept phasing between a female and male body.

Katherina knew what they would say. The moment she saw their body splattered on the ground, she knew.

Their left arm, as well as a portion of their back, was missing. Providing Katherina with a complete picture of their spine.

"It's okay. you're gonna be okay," she sobbed. Ignoring the excruciating pain in her leg.

Ziv only chuckled at her, seemingly unconcerned that they were on the verge of death.

"Do you recall the st-story you told me?" They spoke in a hushed tone.

Katherina was confused, "What?"

"Do you remember the one about the stars and lights that made the world glow?"

Katherina felt herself getting desperate.

"Tell me the story again." Their phasing coming to a stop, leaving them in a female form.

Katherina then understood what they were requesting as cradded their head in her lap.

And so for the few moments left, Katherina told them the story of the City of Starlight. A city of Dreams. A wonderful, magical place called Velaris.

Where people danced and sang and wished on shooting stars.

"I promise to take you there one day..." she whispered to them, watching as their eyes fluttered closed. As they took their last breath.

"I can't wait."

Then, they were gone.

A sob finally broke through her. A flow of tears then falling on their unmoving face.

For Ziv was gone. The person she cared for the most after the Darkness. Was gone.

At that moment, Katherina felt angry. Angry that the world had taken away someone she loved.

Hate threatens to consume Katherina. Hate that only one other person could understand.

And that's when Katherina screamed.

She screamed until she felt her lungs beg her to stop.

She screamed until Katherina left an unknowing wave of power flow out of her.

Power that at just a glimpse at it, would knock down entire armies. Make even the most powerful High Faes go on their knees.

Then, Katherina felt nothing. Just emptiness as she limped away from the corpse that had once meant so much to her.

Because in Katherina's heart, there was a hole. A hole where someone she cared about used to be...

***

Katherina awoke with a start. Breathing heavily as she processed the dream she had dreamt.

But, she knew it was no dream.

Hugging her knees to her chest, making sure not to make a sound, Katherina let her tears go.