Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Taehyung dropped the knife he had in his hand that Ghost had noticed and chose to ignore. The older man finally looked away from Taehyung and at the knife as it fell onto the metal floor with a hard clank. He quickly looked back at Taehyung, a frown etching onto his face when the younger man took his finger into his gloved hand.

He sucked in air. He knew what was about to happen.

"You tell Jimin—" Taehyung said calmly, slowly pulling Ghost's finger back, "that my business isn't—" he jerked Ghost's finger back, a loud and short crack following the action. Ghost bellows in pain but Taehyung continues, "—his business."

This continued until Ghost's entire left hand was left useless and without another word, Taehyung stood up from his seat, picked up his knife, and left.

_____ _____ _____ _____

"Where's Ghost?" Jimin asked, falling beside one of the other Crowned members of The Family.

The girl shrugged, not taking her eyes off the game she was playing on her phone. Jimin stared at her, expecting a verbal response which visibly made her uncomfortable. Gritting her teeth, the girl lifted her eyes from her phone and stared back at him.

"Am his babysitter?" She asked.

"Well, you do spend most of your time doing nothing so I expect you'd at least know where someone who actually matters is."

Huffing, the girl stood from her spot and left, making Jimin smile as he threw his legs onto the couch and over the spot she had been sitting seconds before. He opened the contacts on his phone and tapped on his boyfriend's name. The call immediately died and Jimin frowned. He tried again and got the same thing.

He scrolled down to find Namjoon's contact name, impatiently tapping his fingers against the side of the couch.

"What?" The older man answered.

"Where is my boyfriend?" Jimin asked, "he's not answering for me, where is he?"

"Am I his babysitter?"

Jimin's mouth fell agape. "What the fu— no, you're not his fucking babysitter but I know someone knows where he's at."

"Check his office."

With that, Namjoon hung up and Jimin groaned. Their personal offices didn't have cameras and he was too lazy to go to Yoongi's which wasn't even in the mansion but instead somewhere underground. Throwing his head back against the arm of the couch, Jimin released yet another groan as he forced himself into a sitting position.

He looked up to see a boy probably around the age of twelve standing in the threshold of the kitchen with a Caprisun in his hand. Jimin frowned, "who are you?"

"Trainee Number 5109," he answered, "Satan told me to come here, I don't know why."

Jimin hummed, ignoring everything the kid said. "Well, for now, your my assistant, do you know who Ghost is?"

The boy nodded and Jimin continued. "Go check his office and see if he's there. If he tries to kill you for coming in there, just tell him I sent you. If he's not there, don't come back until you've found him, okay? Thanks."

The boy's eyes widened, unsure whether or not he should follow Jimin's orders. Seokjin had sent him here for reasons unknown but he was sure it wasn't to follow orders from the blonde guy known for getting people in trouble.

"I don't—"

"Go or I'm sending you back to the campgrounds."

That was enough to get the boy moving, dropping his juice on the floor as he rushed towards the entryway. Jimin smiled and sat back on the couch when he heard the front door open and slam shut. Children were easy; they're controlled by fear and it made it all the more easier to get what you want out of them. Of course, Jimin would never directly hurt a child, but he has put them in danger several times before and he doesn't regret anything. If they were anything like him, they'd take their trauma and use it as the building blocks of their new personality.

But, also, Jimin didn't like kids.

Sighing, Jimin pulled his phone out of his pocket and tried calling Ghost again. His call was immediately cut by Ghost's default voicemail, making the younger man groan.

He waited and waited until he started to think that the boy had bailed and stopped looking for his boyfriend. That made Jimin frown. He respected the boldness of the young boy, but he didn't like the disrespect. Newbies were servants to Crowned Members until they can prove their worth — at least, that's how Jimin sees it. And the boy leaving his task incomplete was blatant disrespect to Jimin.

He was about to call Seokjin to complain before the front door swung up and in ran the young boy, his eyes widened as if he'd just seen a ghost.

"Did you find my boy—"

"S-Sir, I think you need to see this yourself."

Without further questions, Jimin jumped up from the couch and followed behind the boy quickly. He frowned when he realized they were running in the direction of the chambers. Was the boy freaking out because of whatever he saw in there? Why was he even there in the first place?

Jimin decided not to ask, knowing his questions would be answered shortly. So he stayed behind the boy, allowing him to guide Jimin into the chambers.

"B-Because this is your main office, I-I decided to look for G-Ghost here," the boy stammered out, "a-and I found him..."

"Okay? Where is he?" Jimin asked, slowing down, "what happened?"

"He...He...I-I don't know," they stepped out of the elevator and the boy led Jimin to a door that was wide open.

As soon as the older man stepped inside the room, his eyes landed on the slumped-over man sitting in the chair. Jimin's eyes widened as hot anger immediately surged through his entire body like lava. He rushed towards Ghost in the chair, his anger only doubling when he saw the purple hand. Ghost had his eyes closed, but hissed when Jimin tried to move his hand.

"What the fuck?" Jimin exclaimed, taking his boyfriend's head between his hands to make the man look at him. "What the hell hap— Ghost, who did this?"

Ghost hummed, throwing his head back as he tried to grasp onto consciousness. Jimin knelt in front of Ghost, his hands falling onto the restraints.

He was seeing red. His body shook with anger.

'This is war' he thought 'whoever did this...this is worth death'

"Taehyung has a message for you," Ghost mumbled, his words slurred a bit but just coherent enough for Jimin to make out the name.

'Taehyung...of course'

"Taehyung?" Jimin asked, ignoring whatever Ghost was trying to say — it didn't make sense anyway. He laughed, "he thinks he can do this shit and run?"

'That's alright, I know exactly what I'll do to him. He messed with the wrong person'

---

Word Count: 1743

Jimin, don't do anything drastic you silly goose.