"The whole FBI?" I asked worriedly.

"Just me love. My issue with Runo is a bit personal."

"What did he do?"

"Killed my whole family off." He said so causally I almost thought he was kidding. Then I noticed the minute change in his easy going appearance and felt awful.

"I'm sorry."

"You're not the one who murdered them." He came forward. "Everyone's to afraid to bring Runo in. We've never had enough evidence to lock him away forever and frankly, he's probably bribing the higher ups too. But I'm determined to bring him in, dead or alive and I know your boyfriend can help with that."

He was so crass it shocked me. Were all FBI agents this crass?

"You want to work with Will?" I asked and he nodded.

"He's not very fond of cops."

"I know." He smirked.

"I'll let him know."

"My card." He passed the white card across the table.

"FBI agents now have cards?"

"It's 2021 beautiful."

I collected it and stared at the silver inscriptions. When I looked up again, he was gone. Like he was never even here.

__

"What was that about earlier?" Cece questioned once we were alone in my room.

Mom bought my lie about having urgent work issues to discuss with Will, as my reason for rushing out earlier but Cece didn't. It was late now and mom was fast asleep in the other room.

"Someone was/is trying to kill me." I paced.

"What?" She yelled.

"Shh," I shushed her then proceeded to tell her as much of the story as I could.

"Woah," she breathed out when I was done.

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything too." I heaved.

"How do you feel?"

"Scared and worried. I'm too scared and worried to feel much of anything else at the moment."

"This is past my jurisdiction. I don't even know what to say."

"Which is why mom can't find out about this, she'll freak."

"She'll more than freak P, she'll have us shipped back to Seattle by tomorrow morning."

"I want to help him." I said quietly.

"I want you to be safe, there's two of you to worry of now."

"I don't forget that." I sat next to her with another loud sigh.

***

"Hola,"

"Hey Bels," a smile brushed my lips.