Prove it

A/N

I am in the second week of my midterms, the upadtes may take a little bit longer.

This is a fluff chapter to hold you over.

______________________

Lexa watched as Clarke finally fell asleep peacfully. This kind of sleep only came to Clarke after her worst nightmares, as if her braain knows when to give her a break to continue the torture another day. As Clarke was sobbing, Lexa had pulled her close to her, where Clarke'ss head was resting on Lexa's chest. A few hours have passed and Clarke had wrapped her arms around Lexa in her sleep.

What do I do? If I put my arms around her will she wake up? She looks so peaceful.

Slowly Lexa laid her arms across Clarke's back. She didn't even stir. Maybe it was Lexa's mind playing tricks on her but it felt like Clarke's breathing evened out and she snuggled closer. Lexa Laid her cheek on the top of Clarke's head, burying her face in her hair. Both of them needed that physical contact they haven't had in months.

Lexa woke up at first light, Clarke now had her hand curled all the way around her as if she didn't want Lexa to run away while she slept. Clarke had nuzzled her face into Lexa's neck at somepoint in the night.

Should I wake her up? She doesn't get to sleep well too often. She hasn't had a nightmare since she went back to sleep. I must get her back. But to where? Camp Jaha? TonDC? ... Polis? Even if I do want to take her to Polis, how will I get her to agree, or even follow me? She still thinks I'm a hallucination. I don't even know if she wants to be with me. I know she loves me, but she is saying that to me as though it isn't me. Once she realizes it is actually me will she send me away?

While Lexa was thinking, she hadn't noticed that she had unintentionally started to draw circles on Clarke's back. As Clarke slowly awakened, she took in her surroundings without altering Lexa to her awaken. She realized how close her lips were to Lexa's neck, whether this Lexa was real or not she couldn't help her heart from picking up speed. She hoped Lexa didn't noticed. She tried her hardest to keep her breathing even, despite Lexa filling all her senses. She could practically taste Lexa as she breathed in through her mouth.

Maybe this is Lexa. Maybe this is real. This wouldn't be the first time my mind has played tricks on me.

As they both laid there, each think of the other in there arms, Lexa still drawing circles, the sun rose in the sky. Lexa drifted off to sleep.

///

It was an hour later when Lexa awoke. All the gear had been packed up and Clarke was gone. She sprang to her feet.

"CLARKE!!! CLARKE WHERE ARE YOU?"

There was a river nearby. Maybe she went there. As she approched she heard splashing and laughing. Lexa slowed down and creeped forward. There she saw Clarke in the water. She was completely naked and was playing with one of the otters in the river. She was surrounded by at least a dozen. She hadn't smiled since she left camp Jaha. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. Mesmerised Lexa moved closer.

"Clarke?"

As Clarke noticed Lexa, she didn't cover up, she didn't hide, but she ushered her to come in. Lexa hasn't been seen by another since Costia. When Clarke saw her hesitate, her smile faltered. Lexa saw and her stomach fliped. Seeing even a little of Clarke's happiness float away was more than she was willing to bear. She immediatly stripped down and waded into the water next to Clarke.

"Here!!" She said as she shoved the otter she was holding into Lexa's arms. Just as quikly she picked up another one and started playing with it. She was lucky. This is one of the nicest animals there is left.

Still looking at the otter playing in her arms she spoke.

"I still don't know if you are real enough. Last night didn't prove anything. But I think I might have thought of a way to prove it."

"And what might that be Ski Prisa?"

"Take me to Polis."