Andre understood what she was doing. Her human side couldn't handle what her sister had forced her to do, couldn't handle that she'd denied Xander his chosen mate in the process. Even though he thought both of them deserved far much worse his mate would never be that kind of being. She might do what was necessary, but she'd leave the battle with scars.

In wolf form, werewolves could manage telepathy but they relied on the language of wolves alone for the most part. Andre raised his head and barked the command as much as he mind sent it. 'Shift!'  

With a startled yip, the wolf changed back to the form of his human mate. She wouldn't look at him as he shifted and made his way to her. Her head was bowed, dejection lining her form as her arms hugged her to herself. "Look at me, Cari." He commanded and with vulnerability etched onto her face, she did. "I won't allow you to bury your head in the sand anymore," he stated in an adamant voice. 

The last thing he wanted was to play the authoritative prince with his mate but he didn't think he could take the chance that she'd get used to hiding from reality for the rest of her life. Being a royal meant having a small circle of trust, knowing that people could betray you for the slightest of reason. Cari had to get used to facing things head-on.

"I know it hurts," he continued. "But you have to face this, you can't hide in your wolf, I won't let you." She nodded, her sad eyes tearing. He swallowed hard against the lump that blocked his throat then took her into his. "I'm sorry," he said the inadequate words as she broke against him and cried.

***

The sun had long since dropped over the horizon as he comforted his still distraught mate. She tried her best to appear unaffected, but Andre could see the strain on her face, could catch echoes of her thoughts as she wondered what her sister would have to endure at the hands of a goddess who hated her. He realised as she tried to hide her feelings from him that his words might have been premature.

"Do you still want to forget?" He asked her at length, unable to take more of her long-suffering silences and assurances that she was fine.

"I...I..." Andre almost smiled as his mate tried to lie but her tongue got in the way and her face reddened.

"Fine," he said in his most stern voice. "You're going to have to listen to what I tell you though, do nothing else but that. Do you understand?" Cari nodded, her brown eyes wide, sweet and vulnerable. Andre felt his cock twitch but brought the force of his will to bear against it. "Good."

He walked to the armchair that was in the corner of their bedroom then sat down, taking his time to get comfortable as he took in his mate standing there waiting on him. She looked exposed, her lips parted as uncertainty held her still. He loved that vulnerability she had. 

Cari seemed to have an inert sense of purity, a curiosity that anticipated everything and anything he would do to her. So she stood there with trust in her big brown eyes even as he took his time to take her in. Andre could never get over how beautiful she was, her hourglass figure just perfect. 

"Take off your clothes," he commanded. "Slowly."

Biting her bottom lip, she toed her sneakers off, then her hands went to the bottom of her top then peeled it up her body. His nostrils flared as she exposed her flat stomach and its toned flawlessness. Next, she exposed the blush pink of the lacy bra that cupped her breasts so lovingly.

With a sexy flourish, she threw the t-shirt aside, then her hands went to the button of her jeans. her movements became slower, teasing as she undid the button and unzipped them. He sat up straighter as she thrust her breasts as well as her derriere out so that she could shimmy out of her jeans.