Chapter 10 - The Rejection Anxiety

SOPHIA POV

I was running on the field when the smell hit me.             

'He's around here somewhere! Let's look for him please Sophie.' My wolf pleaded so I followed.

'We will Ruby.' I sniffed around.

There he was standing on the other end about three meters away from me. He has black hair with the forest green eyes, wearing blue jersey and white track suit almost edible to eat. Omg! I wanna kiss him right now!

I'm still checking him out when he introduced himself until we decided to sit by the bench. We talked about his pack, his position and I felt tense after he mentioned the pack's name.

My mind suddenly forgets everything around me when he claimed my lips. It's the best kiss I ever experience in my life! He plunged his tongue and I gave in without a doubt until somebody stopped us.

"Sophia, Vanessa needs you right now. She's at Principal's office." Garret eyed us particularly Damien.

"WHAT?! WHY??" I pulled away still recovering from the kiss.

"Edison harassed her which caused commotion. You were both busy exchanging spits that's why you didn't see it!" He spat.

I don't know his reason for being mad maybe because of Vanessa's incident.

"Ok, thanks Garret please tell her I'll be there soon." I'm glad he got my point and leave.

"Who is that guy? Is he your brother or something?" Damien sounded annoyed.

"He's not my brother just a friend." I fixed my crippled shirt.

"I don't want any guys around you especially him." He suddenly pulled me closer again.

"I'm not with anybody Mr. Jealous Alpha." I put my hand on his neck.

"You are MINE!!" He claimed and I swear his growl is the sexiest.

"Okay Mr. Possessive. I need to get going and check on my best friend." I smiled but keep our distance so close.

"Meet you later okay? I'll take you home." He offered.

I was to say yes but I remembered his from Blue Crest.

"It's okay I'm going with my friend Vanessa also I need to tell her about you so how about next time?" I declined.

"Okay guess I'll take that I need to tell my best friend too as well. Punch in your number baby so I can call you." He hand me his phone.

We exchanged numbers and planned to meet later after class. After giving him a last pecked on his lips I ran to the Principal's office. I saw Vans almost about to kiss Anthony call me a bitch but I'm not letting Anthony played with her feelings.

"Vans! Oh Geesh!! Are you okay?! Garret told me what happened." I pretend I didn't see their moment.

"Yeah I'm okay I hope Edison learned his lesson." She a bit flustered.

I checked her arms to see if there is any bruise.

"I will kill Edison. I thought he is nice but that idiot is worse than Anthony." I spat.

Vans wanted to keep this between us I was against it but of course being the good friend I caved in. Her face lights up and then suddenly turned serious.

"Now tell me who the guy you are talking at the field was?" She changed the subject.

"Vans, I... found my mate." I admitted in hush tone.

"Really?! That's great!! Who is he?! Tell me?!" She keeps ranting excitedly.

"He's the soon to be Alpha of Blue Crest Moon pack. We both have responsibilities on our packs. What if he rejects me? What if he won't like me because of my family's flaws considering our background?" I became hesitant.

"Soph, it doesn't matter if you are both in different pack or not. He is your mate and he will love you no matter what." She has the same words as Damien.

I decided to show her the notes I received from my anonymous mate. She's the only one I trusted with all my secrets and I needed her advice.

"About the notes are you sure it was from Damien? Did he tell you?" She raised eyebrow.

"I don't know but maybe he is too shy to admit it or didn't have time to tell me since we were interrupted." I really hope so it's from him.

"Well you just have to talk to him about it. In the meantime it's weekend and it's time to head to the mall!" She just knew how to make me forget my worries.

I'm thankful I have Vanessa and I could never ask for a better friend. Our dreadful shopping ended and she insisted of taking me home. We had brief goodbye since both of us are exhausted. I went straight to my bed since I'm already full and Dad and Mom are out. 

I'm currently lying on my bed when my phone starts to light up. It's Damien! My heart is pounding in my chest like there is a bomb inside of me.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:             Hi! (I tried to act normal)

Damien:    Hi baby! (He greeted back)

Me:             Why did you call? (I heard him sigh at the end)

Damien:     I... uhmm... sorry to disturb you. (He sounds upset)

Me:             No you didn't please go on what you wanna say. (I felt guilty)

Damien:    I just wanna ask if I can pick you up tomorrow but then I don't know where you live. (He sounded nervous)

Me:             I haven't talk to my parents about you and they might get       shock if you will just park outside. Maybe after tomorrow you can pick me up. (I gulped)

Damien:    See you at school then. Goodnight Sophia. (He whispered in sweet tone)

Me:              Goodnight too Damien. I'll see you tomorrow. (I hanged up and blushed big time)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

To be honest I hate not being close to him but if he finds out about my pack then I don't know what will happen. Maybe rejecting him is for the best.

'You will not reject our mate!' Ruby suddenly cuts in.

'But he might reject us and I'm not ready to feel the pain.' I assumed but she just huffed at me.

'He is our mate and I believed Vanessa. Damien will love us no matter what.' Ruby convinced me.

'I know that but---' I tried to reason out.

'Why don't you tell Meriel about it I'm sure she knows what to say and will put your mind at ease.' She prompted the idea.

'Right. Thank you Ruby.' I concede.

I dialled Meriel and opened up about Damien and she was very excited. Guess what?! Her advised was the same with but I'm still unsure. For now I need to avoid him as much as I can and it's going to be hard I know.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine